Edelbrock 1406 carb rebuild unknown parts in kit?

Metalmarty

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm cleaning and rebuilding the edelbrock 1406 carb that was on my '68 Newport when I've bought it. A much needed job since there was a lot of junk in the float bowls etc (will check the petrol tank soon).

I've bought the edelbrock rebuild kit with P/N 1477.
But there are a couple of parts that I didn't find in my carburetor and the rebuild manual. Any of you know what these are for? 6 parts in total. Left to right:

-8 star metal ring
-Plug of some sort
-Little gasket
-Rubber/metal gasket or something
-Tiny spring, smaller than ones I've found in my carb
-Silver plug with the number 20 on it

Do I need any of these or are they for different edelbrock carbs?

ZNxD1qAr.jpg

Thanks!

I rebuilt my 1406 last year and used the 1477 rebuild kit. I took a look and I also have those parts you showed as not used. I would think they pack them like this to cover a wide range of carbs. The extra parts cost nothing but the labor does I guess.

the two parts on the left are for sealing the accelerator pump from the inside. Usually found on marine carbs.The spring is for on top of the accelerator pump check ball. Most carbs use a brass weight instead. The gasket looks like the one that seals the electric choke housing to the main body. Top middle is the seal for the mechanical bowl vent carbs.

Oh, and the aluminum plug is for some mechanical bowl vent carbs with external adjustment. You set the clearance then drive the new plug in.

Back