electric problem 73 chrysler new yorker

sidsnot

Reaction score
hi i have been to show this weekend all went well,then i see i had no flashers of fuel gauge ,got home and remembered i had this problem before ,thick black wire off on fuse box by foot brake ,put it back on all working again,till i turn ignition off engine turns off but flasher ,fan,and blower and oil light still on.i pull black wire off and all goes off.and i think number one fuse blown.any one tell me what number one fuse is ,or any help thanks the black wire that was off was the one right at the bottom of fuse box,it has a thick black to the left of it.
20160712_175819_resized.jpg

Don't have a Manual in front of me to tell you (your should get one. Even owners manul MIGHT tell you.)

But I see lots of evidence of bad things in your pic like wires over fuses and cheapo connectors. Bad ju-ju.

hi i have been to show this weekend all went well,then i see i had no flashers of fuel gauge ,got home and remembered i had this problem before ,thick black wire off on fuse box by foot brake ,put it back on all working again,till i turn ignition off engine turns off but flasher ,fan,and blower and oil light still on.i pull black wire off and all goes off.and i think number one fuse blown.any one tell me what number one fuse is ,or any help thanks the black wire that was off was the one right at the bottom of fuse box,it has a thick black to the left of it.View attachment 84974

Hello,I also have a 73 New Yorker and the owners manual denotes that fuse 1 is for lamps, hot cold, brakes, oil pressure and seat belt with buzzer. Send me an email and I'll try to take picture of page and send it to you.

Somebody bypassed the factory wiring with a rig-job (the black wire that came off). They were probably blowing that No. 1 fuse. You need to obtain the factory wiring diagram and trace down the cause of the blown fuse. Restore to original condition and remove those half-*** unreliable (and dangerous) short cuts.

Back