Electrical help for 1967 fury iii.

67bearfury

Reaction score
My dash lights on my 67 fury iii wont work. The wires are all new and so are the bulbs. The headlight switch doesn't work either. Could it all be because of the switch? an ideas? thanks guys.

The headlight switch powers the dash lights on most models. If you also do not headlights, the switch for the headlights is highly suspect. Check the fuse for the dash lights. Most likely the headlight switch is corroded and needs to be replaced.

Dave

If anyone has a headlight switch for sale id gladly take it off your hands. Have PayPal.

If anyone has a headlight switch for sale id gladly take it off your hands. Have PayPal.

I have a brand new NORS aftermarket replacement headlamp switch new in the box for $80.00 shipped if paid by PayPal via friends and family. I might even be able to get it shipped today. Send me a PM.

Bill

Devinism is a good guy. Rebuilt my dimmer switch. Does it look like the spades match yours?
NOS / NORS Headlight Switch 67 68 Dodge Polara / Monaco , Plymouth Fury | eBay
Be cautious. Much of the "NOS" switches for sale are actually the defective units replaced by a new one while under waranty.
The dealers had to save the defective so they threw it in the box the new part came in. Thats why there's so many "NOS'" switches are still availabe.
Statistically, they shoud all be dried up by now.

In many cases, the bad ones did go into the new box, BUT then had to be marked and returned to Chrysler for warranty purposes, unless the dealer was "above reproach" and the factory didn't question their warranty claims. If the warranty claim was to be paid, the dealer had to hold the part until the claim was paid, THEN would chunk it as "scrap". If it was a non-warranty part, no protections. If they were bad and "customer pay", why save them? Back then, our cherished cars were just "used cars" and few people saved anything. "Obsolete stock" was either sold to somebody looking for such (that had become non-returnable to Chrysler Parts) and the dealers wanted some money out of it.

In the earlier 1980s, Chrysler (and GM) did "warehouse closeout sales" to dealers. Much-reduced pricing! I bought a box of 100 assorted Mopar fuses for $10.00. '73 B/RB cylinder heads for $30.00 each ('73 vintage, as I recall). 400 cast cranks for $50.00 (or thereabouts). I got a 440MH short block for $300.00. A set of Magnum GT wheels, trim rings, center caps, and screws was $200.00 "over the front counter", so I got 3 sets, picking the best paint for my '80 Newport. A year of so before that, there were confirmed stories of them chunking 426 Hemi short blocks out the 3rd floor windows of the warehouse to "scrap" them out. I guess somebody figured there might be "money" in those old parts?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

On ANY NOS part like that, always ask the vendor of the place they got it from. Plus you might ask for pictures of the part and the box, for good measure.

CBODY67

nos switches will go bad on the shelf. it's corrosion on the resistor wheel that causes most problems. just the moisture in the air will cause that. i too have used devensim with good results.

Back