Electrical issue,

Dale Michaels

Reaction score
Well I have been working on getting my 65 fury on the road,it was hit in the drivers door and fender/hard,,well I pushed,cut and welded in a new lower door hinge section and air box area,,I have replaced the door and fender and now I want to put her on the road,,and now my headlights and guages don't work,I didn,t cut anything that I know of,,I was careful,I took out my meter and I have no power to either side of the fuse box for lamps/insturments,,is there something that could of been knocked loose like a relay when it was hit,,,,,

it was hit in the drivers door and fender/hard,,well I pushed,cut and welded in a new lower door hinge section and air box area,,I have replaced the door and fender and now I want to put her on the road,,and now my headlights and guages don't work,I didn,t cut anything that I know of,,I was careful,I took out my meter and I have no power to either side of the fuse box for lamps/insturments,,is there something that could of been knocked loose like a relay when it was hit,,,,,
Most of the body wiring is located in The left lower A pillar area. I don't know the corolation between the headlights and insturments though. Power to...and through the dimmer switch....? Power at both sides of the Amp guage.....? Power at both sides of the bulkhead connector feed....?
Does all the remaiining electrical function....?

Let us know what you find.

The amp gauge works fine,after letting it idle for a bit I got the headlights to work but they flickerd a bit,,so I guess I need to pull the kick panel and do a better inspection of the wiring,,I pulled it back to cut and weld but collision damage could of pinched something,,And everything else works fine from turn signals to tail lamps,wipers,heater motor ect.,,I have been into several dashes over the years not knowing what I was looking at most of the time so I was woundering if there was a relay or something that could of been knocked loose,

I would disconnect the battery ground until you figure the problem out if you suspect wiring being pinched. Would be a shame to find the car burned to the ground...

Back