engine bkt color ?

5wndwcpe

Reaction score
Okay fellas, the question of the day.....

The curved triangular shaped alternator bracket (attached to the water pump) and the rubberized piece (holding the heater hoses back) that is attached to that - what color where they from the factory ?

My car clearly shows a bit of blue on the one piece, but someone may have rattle canned that years ago. Barring that wee bit of suspect evidence, they appear to be mostly black.

What say you ?

DSCN0625.JPG

Factory Black, put on after the engine was painted blue. Any blue on brackets was overspray done later on.

If you are going to re-paint, Mopar called it flat black, but it closer to a matte finish. You also need to replace the hose bib and the t-stat cover in the photo, they are at the point of failure. The belt tensioner in the photo should also be black. Water pump was blue from the factory on this engine. It is common to find blue over spray on the black brackets from someone detailing the engine improperly, a lot of dealers would spray the top end of the engine to spruce it up for sale.

Dave

Thank you boys, that's pretty much what I had figured.

DL, those pieces are looooong gone.

DSCN0788.JPG

Looks good. Not that it really matters, but the factory would have also painted the oil filter engine color. The bolt on plug wire holders on some years were dipped on the retention ends in some black goo that looked like hard rubber. They painted over the black goo as well. Most of the time the paint peeled off the goo and the black was left visible but on a new engine the retention ends would still be engine color.

Dave

Looks good. Not that it really matters, but the factory would have also painted the oil filter engine color. The bolt on plug wire holders on some years were dipped on the retention ends in some black goo that looked like hard rubber. They painted over the black goo as well. Most of the time the paint peeled off the goo and the black was left visible but on a new engine the retention ends would still be engine color.

Dave

Agreed. I didn't bother here as that filter will not make it past the break-in period.

Back