Engine Dyno Simulator Software

65Fury440

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend something that they have used with fairly accurate results?
I tried Desktop Dyno in the past and gave up because it beyond my scope of programming.

There used to be a pretty easy to use power simulator on the Comp Cams website.

Any good engine dyno program will need LOTS of information you might not have for your specific engine, which is why some tend to be more generic in this information than others. Things like cylinder head port volumes, cam timing/duration, type of intake manifold, etc.

Usually, the more information the program requests, the more accurate it might be. BUT any will be just an estimate, typically. Use it for comparison of various ways to do things rather than to get a hard/fast number.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I have Desktop Dyno on my laptop, my friend has it and I installed it on my computer. I have used it some. I used the older version more. He had that one also.

There used to be a pretty easy to use power simulator on the Comp Cams website.

Any good engine dyno program will need LOTS of information you might not have for your specific engine, which is why some tend to be more generic in this information than others. Things like cylinder head port volumes, cam timing/duration, type of intake manifold, etc.

Usually, the more information the program requests, the more accurate it might be. BUT any will be just an estimate, typically. Use it for comparison of various ways to do things rather than to get a hard/fast number.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I was trying to find the Comp Camquest program somewhere to download, looks to be discontinued. There seem to be a few in the $100-$200 range, I would consider it, but, was trying to find cheaper.

Most of my specs are memorizzed or written down. One thing I don't know is the intake manifold runner CCs or plenum volume.

I know what my RWHP/TQ is, so I was going to consider that to calibrate the results somewhat.

Mainly, I want to play with cams, it's not important to know the exact final number, just look for trends.
Thanks for your response as always!

I have Desktop Dyno on my laptop, my friend has it and I installed it on my computer. I have used it some. I used the older version more. He had that one also.

It's been a while, but I think that was the program I downloaded, maybe. The menu couldn't get past engine size. All I could pick was a stock 440 bore/stroke. That was the point it was not going to work for me. Maybe I got a limited use version or something, or maybe I'm just dumb. Maybe both!

Back