Engine mount, pass side Fury -65 383

preu

Reaction score
Hi!

Anyone here with a Fury -65 who can take a pic of engine mount/bracket on passenger side?

383/727.

Mine looks like this, and it doesn’t look right?

0D7D8A16-DE7F-4EBA-AB04-088B5BC38239.jpeg

I know 65 is "odd" I've got a 65 new Yorker wagon w a 413 and homemade mounts, would that help?

Some kind of original stuff would be great to see.
I just wan’t an answer if i have right or wrong setup.
It seems wrong, right?

It looks to be assembled correctly, but it seems to be preloaded rearward. What does the driver's side mount look like?

It looks to be assembled correctly, but it seems to be preloaded rearward. What does the driver's side mount look like?

Drivers side is absolutely perfect.
New mount and bracket from engine-swaps in place.

Drivers side is absolutely perfect.
New mount and bracket from engine-swaps in place.
How about a photo of the driver's side anyway? Humor me please, I am always curious when someone mentions something like "New mount and bracket from engine-swaps in place". I'd like to see what they built and how, and there's always the possibility they did something that would shift the engine a little.

Here is a '65 Polara
20200815_132232.jpg
passenger mount

20200815_132232.jpg

It looks to be assembled correctly, but it seems to be preloaded rearward. What does the driver's side mount look like?[/QUOTE
How about a photo of the driver's side anyway? Humor me please, I am always curious when someone mentions something like "New mount and bracket from engine-swaps in place". I'd like to see what they built and how, and there's always the possibility they did something that would shift the engine a little.

Of course, i will take a pic.
Hold on.

F0FA435A-3C5C-4211-B58E-C6376C118470.jpeg

Look at my posted picture again.
Should not the whole mount ”rest” against the frame? 20% of it is hanging in the air rearwards right now and i have some kind of weird vibrations, both standing still in P and N and rolling in D.
This is my second engine with vibrations.
All mounts are new, u-joints new, driveshaft balanced, 383 with forged crank, neutral flex and damper.
This engine is newly rebuilt. Same vibrations as before with old engine.
No weights on converter. Tested two original 19 splines converters. Vibrations still there.
I tried another tranny.
Vibrations still there.
New sparks. New cables.
Tested with two carbs.
I imagine that something is not right here and that mount seems to be wrong part.

Okay.

The problem is solved after several years.
Engine mount was not the problem.
But i had a broken - and pretty new - tranny mount. Reinstalled my - very - old (55 years?) mount that is brick hard and wow...what a dream to drive compared to the new and broken mount.
I don’t know how or when, but i must have broken it by myself when i replaced tranny 3 years ago.

Just to order a new tranny mount so i can get it perfect.
Case closed.

Back