Engine Paint

Marian

Reaction score
Needing to buy some Turquoise engine paint. I've been looking around. Read some post, threads, forums and here is what I've found. "Buy this from xyz, it's the true color". Next, "Don't buy that crap it's not the original color." Or, "It's to blue, green, pink, yellow". Ugggghhhh! I'm I overthinking this? Marian

I did. Came out great and still looks good 5 years later.

I will make a few notes here. This is the first time I have seen your engine on a stand, beautiful detail, but I expect nothing less. Scott how did you finish your exhaust manifold?

Thanks guys! I used the ARP stainless engine dress up kit for the fasteners. That way, no paint chips to worry about on the bolts when you have to take it apart for something; like the time I dropped a valve seat. That was fun.
I have already saved a short cut to Summit for a set. I don't plan on buying a set for a couple of years, unless my engine decides otherwise.

Thanks!

I used Eastwood's Manifold Gray.

How has the manifold paint held up, did it come in an aerosol can or did you brush it on? Did you sand blast the manifold before paint?

I put a header on my MGB because of a crack in the original cast manifold, I have always regretted it because of the extra noise (I can’t hear the whistle of the supercharger over the exhaust noise).:) One of these days I will change it back, but my 300 has my full attention these days.

How has the manifold paint held up, did it come in an aerosol can or did you brush it on? Did you sand blast the manifold before paint?

I put a header on my MGB because of a crack in the original cast manifold, I have always regretted it because of the extra noise (I can’t hear the whistle of the supercharger over the exhaust noise).:) One of these days I will change it back, but my 300 has my full attention these days.

It has held up so-so. I prepped the parts per the instructions (blasted as well). If I had were to do it all over again I would probably get them Jet Coated.

Back