WANTED $eriou$ buyer for Johns Manville vintage weatherstripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

odcics2

Reaction score
Contact seller
I need 3/4" wide, 3/8 thick, and at least a few rolls of NOS for a period correct restoration project. My car had a plexiglass rear window with the weatherstripping between it and the body.

The photos below are what the packaging looks like. It has no size on it, so you'd need to measure the width.

Check barns, garage shelves, basements, swap meets, old hardware stores, old auto parts stores, etc. This stuff is from the 1960's.

PM me here, please!!
WTB - johns manville sponge rubber weatherstrip 1.jpg
WTB - johns manville sponge rubber weatherstrip 2.jpg

Last edited:
what thickness? period correct? looks like a generic fits all type of foam gasket. any self adhesive gasket that old would be pretty much useless as far as adhesion would go. you can buy newer foam gasket material just about anywhere. just my 2 cents.

what thickness? period correct? looks like a generic fits all type of foam gasket. any self adhesive gasket that old would be pretty much useless as far as adhesion would go. you can buy newer foam gasket material just about anywhere. just my 2 cents.

I added the thickness (3/8").
There was some in the bag from 1970 that is very usable, having never seen daylight or excessive heat. It comes in a roll and has a unique look to it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back