Evasive 1969 C Body Pitman Arm and Polymer injection???

Dodgy Dick

Reaction score
Hi from OZ,
I cannot locate a new Pitman Arm for my 69 Factory RHD aussie Dodge Phoenix (AKA 1969 Fury 111) New Chrysler parts in Australia are rarer than a rust free C Body.
My two Mopars 30 years apart.jpg

I was wondering if the LHD item could be the same part number or different!!
One local engineering shop has offered a reconditioning service by a Polymer Injection process. Anybody heard of this , any feed back or comments would be appreciated.
R

They fill the worn out joint with a high density plastic that is supposed to be self lubricating. Sounded Mickey Mouse to me so I never tried it out.

Dave

I would RHD and LHD would be different, do you have a parts book to get a part # for the arm to compare it with the # for the LHD arm?

There are several of these for sale on E-Bay. Fits 65-73 fury with power steering. Ebay seller #11271 pstbay has more than ten for $139 US. Pricey but available. www.carpartsdiscount.com also has them part number RP20016 Item 35051, $89.95 US. The are for US production, you need to verify if they are the same as AU production for these parts as you guys use RH drive.

Dave

Hi Dave, Encouraging to know that in the the US same power steering pitman arm suits 65 to 73 Fury models.
I wonder if that is still the case in Oz as I have a few 65-66 RHD pitman arms that I might be able to utilize. I will check the casting/forging number on the arm itself and post for further discussion, nighty night for now!
Rich

Back