Ever heard of Dodge phoenix (plymouth fury) ute?

DarkwingFury

Reaction score
343-624x468.jpg

This 65

Or this 68

IMG_20160912_171736.jpg

have heard of both but that's as far as it gos,,,was info gleened from here so someone should pipe up

The '65 looks badass. I'd agree that both are purely custom, but the '65 does look good enough to be stock.

These were made by that business, only 4 door sedans and hard tops were sold here. The ute was valiant based.

Dobaluvr should make one for his dealership, must be a suitable candidate at that place you guys visited recently for parts.

These were made by that business, only 4 door sedans and hard tops were sold here. The ute was valiant based.

Dobaluvr should make one for his dealership, must be a suitable candidate at that place you guys visited recently for parts.

I'd love to be able to get that creative with a car like we used to do years ago. We stretched ClubCab trucks into Crewcabs did Dually Dakotas etc but nowadays the liability is too great and Dealerships are easy targets for lawsuits. The only mods we do now are lifts to Jeeps or Rams. Mr. Norm's hotrodding would be discouraged big time unfortunately:(

I'd love to be able to get that creative with a car like we used to do years ago. We stretched ClubCab trucks into Crewcabs did Dually Dakotas etc but nowadays the liability is too great and Dealerships are easy targets for lawsuits. The only mods we do now are lifts to Jeeps or Rams. Mr. Norm's hotrodding would be discouraged big time unfortunately:(
Doesn't that aspect of the world just suck...

few of these homemade ones done here in OZ over the years. There was a 66 round the corner from me in the late 80's which still turns up from time to time.

Fair enough, here too, though I meant maybe for you As a dealer project. Guess there's lots of design and engineering to do it right and it costs $$$$.

Looks like you start with a 2 door hardtop, then add the back roof plug from a 4 door sedan.

Last edited:
I like that silver Chrysler above. I once saw a really well done 68 Dart in a wrecking yard here. It looked factory, but was left hand drive. Dunno if it was made here or was an Aussie body done up as a US spec Dart. Either way it was really cool
Travis..

Does anyone in Australia know where the Blue ute is now. It was converted by my late father in law.

These look like they are converted out of a 4 door sedan. Look at the high roof, and length of the doors. They are 4 door doors.

Back