ever notice the guy who says " I'M A SERIOUS CASH BUYER" never buys anything..

When I bought Missouri the seller asked (on the phone) if I would be paying in cash . After I hung up I looked at the phone and said " how the Eff else would I pay"?
I paid with a check for the last three vehicles I bought. Cashiers check for two and a personal check for my little truck. Some folks don't like handling large amounts of cash. The pile of hundreds for my A12 included a counterfeit bill and that was directly from a bank.

How did you figure out the bad bill?

I just couldnt imagine paying by check, or expecting the seller to even accept it.

I usually tell people that I'm on the way with cash. So they better be where we agreed to meet with 100% of what we agreed to sell/buy and it better be the one in the picture and in the condition that we talked about.

And by the way...... Don't be alarmed but I will have at least a S&W 9mm with me for your protection and mine. And I'm not talking about sockets or wrenches.

That's just the simple truth.... no games.

I hope you have CCW insurance, Bob. :rolleyes:

:BangHead:

Cant I just use these ?

View attachment 234922

How did you figure out the bad bill?

I just couldnt imagine paying by check, or expecting the seller to even accept it.
The bank caught the bill. The best part was that it was the same bank that passed the buyer the bad bill to begin with. They hemmed and hawed, but since both the buyer and I were pretty good customers and both had good size retirement accounts there, so the bank took our word that they had passed the bad bill to us and they covered it.

Cashiers check is about as good as cash. We took one for my mother inlaw's car when we sold it. The dealer taking the personal check kind of floored me too... but he also said he wouldn't have the truck ready for a couple days... Which I took as "you'll get it when the check clears".

But! Tossing the Benjamins on the hood is pretty dramatic and can make the difference in the seller taking your offer. It's easier to hide the money from the wife too. It's part of the mind game... As my accountant once told me "Cash is King!".

And by the way...... Don't be alarmed but I will have at least a S&W 9mm with me for your protection and mine. And I'm not talking about sockets or wrenches.
I'm never unarmed. If I'm doing a cash deal (over 5 figures I do a wire transfer) my wife rides shotgun. She carries also and stays in the truck. I had an aquaintance robbed of his truck and trailer meeting someone to look at a car. S**t happens.

Ok who here shows up with the “that’s all I got cash” in the left pocket and the “I’ll have to hit the FAKE atm to go that high” cash in the right. I’ve saved a ton of money on deals that way. A hey that’s all I got works about 80% for me...

I'm never unarmed. If I'm doing a cash deal (over 5 figures I do a wire transfer) my wife rides shotgun. She carries also and stays in the truck. I had an aquaintance robbed of his truck and trailer meeting someone to look at a car. S**t happens.
Absolutely correct. My brother stayed in the stagecoach just like Wellsfargo. Guess how many times I had to not laugh saying no he’s ok in there. He don’t like old cars.

View attachment 234911
Bitcoin is a digital asset and a payment system invented by Satoshi Nakamoto, who published the invention in 2008 and released it as open-source software in 2009. The system is peer-to-peer; users can transact directly without an intermediary. Transactions are verified by network nodes and recorded in a public distributed ledger called the block.

I'm sure some of the humor will be lost in the translation. :poke:

Sheeeech Y'all are like so yesterday.

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4664626c4f75322e6a7067.jpg

I was selling a car once and the prospective buyer asked me my price, I said it was $1800. He replied how much if I pay cash? I replied $1800. I guess we weren't communicating.

When I hear somebody invoke the "serious buyer" phrase, I usually see them leave without what they thought they came for.

"Cash"? Works better, unless it hits the amount where the bank wants to know where you got it.

Cashiers Check? They can be stopped payment on just like a regular check. An associate found that out when he sold/delivered a car, went to the seller's bank to cash it, and it was dishonored. The buyer claimed the car needed more work than he wanted to do, to put it all back to OEM stock. So that was a learning curve for my associate, who perceived that a Cashier's Check was as good as gold.

CBODY67

Ok who here shows up with the “that’s all I got cash” in the left pocket and the “I’ll have to hit the FAKE atm to go that high” cash in the right. I’ve saved a ton of money on deals that way. A hey that’s all I got works about 80% for me...

This is the only way to make cash offers.

Cashiers Check? They can be stopped payment on just like a regular check.

That is incorrect. A cashiers check can be stopped if it is lost or stolen. The payment on the check is already made and is now guaranteed by the bank.

Your friend probably had a certified check and they can be stopped easier, although it depends on the bank. The two terms get confused by some.

That is incorrect. A cashiers check can be stopped if it is lost or stolen. The payment on the check is already made and is now guaranteed by the bank.

Your friend probably had a certified check and they can be stopped easier, although it depends on the bank. The two terms get confused by some.
At my bank if THEY print the name when you buy it instead of you writing it in you are 100% covered for fraud. Chase bank. Cashier check.

At my bank if THEY print the name when you buy it instead of you writing it in you are 100% covered for fraud. Chase bank. Cashier check.
Because you are covered for fraud doesn't mean that you can act fraudulently. Stopping a check for a vehicle that you have taken delivery on is fraud and the bank isn't going to hold much stock in that.

I have a Chase account too...

Because you are covered for fraud doesn't mean that you can act fraudulently. Stopping a check for a vehicle that you have taken delivery on is fraud and the bank isn't going to hold much stock in that.

I have a Chase account too...
Just meant if I’m paying someone out of my account besides cash. If I have them print the name instead of me writing it in I’m done. If they do something squirrelly I’m covered.

Thanks for clarifying that point Big John.

Cashiers checks are being counterfeited so be careful accepting them. If you receive one you can call the bank it's drawn on and give them the check number, amount and who drew it and they will tell you if it's real or bogus. When we sold our 5th wheel RV the buyer was very anxious to finish the deal late on a Friday afternoon. I was nervous taking a $37,000 cashiers check so I called his bank and they confirmed it was good.

Back