ever notice the guy who says " I'M A SERIOUS CASH BUYER" never buys anything..

What's in your wallet?

nHpyvw.gif

What's in your wallet?
I had AMEX cards for work. Hated them.... Have dinner out of town and pull out your wallet and suddenly they won't take AMEX. AMEX charges 4% instead of everyone else's 3% fee so not everyone takes them. F**k Karl Malden!

BOTH (!) my BOA Credit Card and my Debit Card got nailed with fraudulent charges this weekend. :soapbox:
What a F&$#-ING hassle Monday morning was. :BangHead:

A few weeks ago I had a CC comprised. The fraud dept of my bank called me on a Saturday and asked me if I was buying gas at a gas station in the ghetto of Baltimore. I said no and they permanently closed my account. The thieves were able to make 3 purchases before the fraud dept detected suspicious activity like buying $159 Fubu sneakers in the ghetto and 2 other places. I guess they monitor spending habits and locations and zeroed in on this fraud quickly. They sent some papers to me and I signed them returned them and money was refunded 100%.

A few weeks ago I had a CC comprised. The fraud dept of my bank called me on a Saturday and asked me if I was buying gas at a gas station in the ghetto of Baltimore. I said no and they permanently closed my account. The thieves were able to make 3 purchases before the fraud dept detected suspicious activity like buying $159 Fubu sneakers in the ghetto and 2 other places. I guess they monitor spending habits and locations and zeroed in on this fraud quickly. They sent some papers to me and I signed them returned them and money was refunded 100%.

I have a Sears MasterCard I use specifically when I travel to Bloodymore and DC. They are so quick to pick up on it, apparently I have very well defined habits they track.

The "I got cash" guy then turns around and puts a “for sale by owner” sign in the window.

The bank caught the bill. The best part was that it was the same bank that passed the buyer the bad bill to begin with. They hemmed and hawed, but since both the buyer and I were pretty good customers and both had good size retirement accounts there, so the bank took our word that they had passed the bad bill to us and they covered it.

Cashiers check is about as good as cash. We took one for my mother inlaw's car when we sold it. The dealer taking the personal check kind of floored me too... but he also said he wouldn't have the truck ready for a couple days... Which I took as "you'll get it when the check clears".

But! Tossing the Benjamins on the hood is pretty dramatic and can make the difference in the seller taking your offer. It's easier to hide the money from the wife too. It's part of the mind game... As my accountant once told me "Cash is King!".

In Canada cheques are tough, too many bounce. Cashiers cheques, ditto, only counterfeited. Lately even travellers cheques are being counterfeited. Cash works, but due to the damn drug pushers the largest bill is $100 and most stores etc don't like them. Our folding cash is now plastic with an amazing number of security features, but people are still pretty careful of $100 bills.

The government stopped printing $1, $2, $500 and $1,000 bills a few years ago and last February declared them to be no long legal tender. So if anyone has stash it appears you can't spend them anymore.

The guys that tell me they have cash only says to me that he does not expect me to accept his personal cheque. I will only accept cheques from personal friends. Cash is king.

It's easier to hide the money from the wife too. It's part of the mind game...

Yeah see I'm the exact opposite, I have too much respect for my wife to hide cash from her. There's no need everything goes in to one pot and everything comes out of that one pot. Do I have everything I want to buy? no. But then again we've been through everything together and I couldn't bring myself to pull something that shitty.

Yeah see I'm the exact opposite, I have too much respect for my wife to hide cash from her. There's no need everything goes in to one pot and everything comes out of that one pot. Do I have everything I want to buy? no. But then again we've been through everything together and I couldn't bring myself to pull something that shitty.
I don't either and the example was tongue in cheek. Don't take it so seriously.

In Canada cheques are tough, too many bounce. Cashiers cheques, ditto, only counterfeited. Lately even travellers cheques are being counterfeited. Cash works, but due to the damn drug pushers the largest bill is $100 and most stores etc don't like them. Our folding cash is now plastic with an amazing number of security features, but people are still pretty careful of $100 bills.

The government stopped printing $1, $2, $500 and $1,000 bills a few years ago and last February declared them to be no long legal tender. So if anyone has stash it appears you can't spend them anymore.

The guys that tell me they have cash only says to me that he does not expect me to accept his personal cheque. I will only accept cheques from personal friends. Cash is king.

how do you get change without a 1 dollar bill?

Back