ever notice the guy who says " I'M A SERIOUS CASH BUYER" never buys anything..

Funny 'bout hiding money from your wife, had a bunch of storm damage limbs down at my parents house so I told Dad I'd take care of it. Pulled everything up into a big pile in the side yard and said this is to much for me and my truck so called up one of my customers with a dump truck & chipper to make quick work of it. He shows up with just the dump truck with me going WTF. I figured we'd make quick work of it with the chipper that I had rebuilt years prior that almost tore my arm out because I didn't let go of a 40ft Maple tree that him and I tossed into it when we tested it out after the rebuild. Actually I was hoping he wouldn't charge me as to how well the chipper was still running, but I knew that there would be 'Tip Fee's' at the landfill so when done helping load all that **** into the dump truck I said how much? $200 he said, OK fair enough but I didn't have that much cash on me so went into the house and come out with a check. He cry's about hoping to get cash, lol I said "Do you pay me in cash"? Then he explains that he didn't want his wife to know and put it on the books so to say as he wanted to buy some more ammunition and not let the wife know. Ha Ha.
I figured out awhile later as to why he didn't bring the chipper as the time of day he came by that he was going to dump it at one of his secret dumping spots and avoid the landfill tip fees! :icon_fU:

Then there was the time his account went passed 30 days and he wanted more time as he explained it to me he wanted to buy a $3,000 shotgun...:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Those stupid things, my Dad gave me his leftovers from a Canadian vacation, think they did that cross country rail trip that is famous to do. Took me a decade to get rid of them, even the barmaid wouldn't take'em as a tip down at the local gin mill.
Like the New Hampshire Tollbooths with the sign 'No Canadian Money", coming back south and you pay in USA bills guess what you get back in change? That's right Canadian coins!

In Canada cheques are tough, too many bounce. Cashiers cheques, ditto, only counterfeited. Lately even travellers cheques are being counterfeited. Cash works, but due to the damn drug pushers the largest bill is $100 and most stores etc don't like them. Our folding cash is now plastic with an amazing number of security features, but people are still pretty careful of $100 bills.

The government stopped printing $1, $2, $500 and $1,000 bills a few years ago and last February declared them to be no long legal tender. So if anyone has stash it appears you can't spend them anymore.

We also stopped using pennies several years ago which is great.No more of those worthless things collecting everywhere.

That is incorrect. A cashiers check can be stopped if it is lost or stolen. The payment on the check is already made and is now guaranteed by the bank.

Your friend probably had a certified check and they can be stopped easier, although it depends on the bank. The two terms get confused by some.

My associate plainly said "cashiers check". He has sold cars/parts out of state before, so I presume he was correct in what he requested and received from the buyer. They waited until the next business day to go to the bank the check was drawn upon to cash it. In that time, the "buyer" had taken the car to a mechanic who built a laundry list of things that needed to be changed, including undoing the distributor work a hot rod shop had done. So when he had that list, he apparently called the bank to stop payment on the check. When my friend went to cash it, the bank rep said they couldn't cash it. So the "buyer" was called to see what was going on. My friend went to get the car and he and his wife hauled it back to TX. Seems like the "sale" took place in Illinois? Just going on what he said, no more, no less. He said he had always believed that a cashier's check was as good as gold, but that apparently it could be stopped just like a regular check could. I suspect the cost to do that, on the "buyer's" side of things, would be more than for a normal personal check?

How a cashier's check is handled, is that a state-determined issue or is it a federal-determined issue? Just curious.

CBODY67

I have sold a few here and there and even a few overseas. Other than cash the bank told me a bank transfer is the best route for payment. Even that according to them can sometimes be revoked , but is almost never done. I always state in my sales info that title and car will not be released until funds clear the bank. The funds are usually available fairly quickly but to clear the bank is a bit longer I have never had a cancelled bank transfer.

I know, as apposed to what?
What’s that line even suppossed to do? Chances are I have more cash my pocket.
Is somebody going to finance a “$2,500” C body?
Or going to sell one with a “rent to own” option?

Well, they may hope you opt for a "LAND (YACHT) CONTRACT" lol

But! Tossing the Benjamins on the hood is pretty dramatic and can make the difference in the seller taking your offer. It's easier to hide the money from the wife too. It's part of the mind game... As my accountant once told me "Cash is King!".

I always get the guy who thinks pay with cash means "less about 20%" because after all he just saved you from the burden of paying taxes....

I've always pondered what that meant " I will give you X , cash". Well, explain what your other options might be would you?

Actually I had my PC with me to get Impster paid. I transferred the money instead of carrying piles of cash.

View attachment 234911
Bitcoin is a digital asset and a payment system invented by Satoshi Nakamoto, who published the invention in 2008 and released it as open-source software in 2009. The system is peer-to-peer; users can transact directly without an intermediary. Transactions are verified by network nodes and recorded in a public distributed ledger called the block.

I'm sure some of the humor will be lost in the translation. :poke:

I enjoy replying back to CL scammers "Sorry, I forgot to mention I only accept payment in BitCoin or other Cryptocurrencies" when they offer their idiotic payment scams. It's always radio silence after that and I get some enjoyment out of the experience:).

Back