Everybody & their brother

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I’ve been selling MOPAR car parts for decades. The very first car I parted was a 63 New Yorker then a 72 Fury wagon. In the mid-late 90’s I pretty much sold all my E body stuff. And I decided to focus on C body cars as I could easily find cars with no titles or engines or badly rusted. I noticed few people were selling parts for C body’s so I jumped in with both feet. About 2 years ago I noticed more & more people joining the C body parts selling hobby. Just a quick look through FCBO & several other C body social media sites & it’s clear C bodies have arrived. Even some re-pop stuff comming on now. With two aging parents that are needing more & more attention & my collection of project cars. Plus my auto touch up business is BOOMING right now as the economy roars along. I have been sitting on the C body parts sidelines the last few months. I still have some repeat customers contact me & some word of mouth. My stuff is tagged & boxed up in totes & stored away. I guess I can continue to add to it & perhaps a time in the future this stuff will be needed & I won’t have to compete with every Johnny come lately or demo guy. Yes I’ll still list a few things & will still sell anything anyone needs if I have it , but I think I’m going to stay on the sidelines for a while. Hopefully I can get a coupe of my project cars up & running soon & can have some fun with them this summer. On a side note I had a guy contact me out of the blue a couple days ago. He owns a MOPAR junk yard in the western part of the state. I actually bought a drag race car from him 10 years ago & he did indeed have a lot of stuff. He invited me to come down & said he’s wanting sell some of the stuff. So I think a road trip is in order & maybe he will let me take some pics.

Last edited:
I use to sell NOS and used C Body parts at Carlisle for 10 -15 years at Carlisle and stopped around 4 years ago as it became to physically demanding and I wasn't able to enjoy the show. I sold a lot of my stuff off to Murray Park. I fully understand and sympathize with you. Family comes first. If you are looking to move a lot of parts in a short period of time you may want to vend at Carlisle at least once if you can afford the related expenses. Otherwise, take care of your parents and keep active here and of course, let us know what is in that junkyard.

Sounds like your in a good place to take some time to take care of your family and enjoy your cars. Good luck.

Having said that, if in your travels to the Mopar junk yard you happen to see a nice Dutchman panel between the rear window and trunk for a fuselage 23 roof line, please keep me in mind. My 69 SF Dutchman panel is pretty rough.

As an example of what I’m seeing out there. I have 3 68 Fury grilles in stock. Have them listed for $40 plus shipping for two years now. Twice I’ve had people interested in buying one but the shipping was a few bucks more than they expected (seriously like 10-15 ) so they passed. Scratching my head thinking if I’m fixing up an old car & need a good grille. $15 bucks is not going to stop me. Then a few weeks ago I see a guy on Facebook selling one for $150 bucks. Plus shipping.

I use to sell NOS and used C Body parts at Carlisle for 10 -15 years at Carlisle and stopped around 4 years ago as it became to physically demanding and I wasn't able to enjoy the show. I sold a lot of my stuff off to Murray Park. I fully understand and sympathize with you. Family comes first. If you are looking to move a lot of parts in a short period of time you may want to vend at Carlisle at least once if you can afford the related expenses. Otherwise, take care of your parents and keep active here and of course, let us know what is in that junkyard.
I have only set up at a car show once & that was in the late 80’s. I usually buy parts and a few times if I see a guy with C body stuff I’ll try to buy all his C body stuff at a penny fair n the dollar. Sometimes the sell for a dime on a dollar. Sometimes they won’t sell below their asking price.

Hey Bob, if you have your stuff listed by year make and model (and it's convenient), I'd love to know what you have that's specific to 1966 Dodge Monaco 500, 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury interior, and 1966 Chrysler.

Thanks!

Hey Bob, if you have your stuff listed by year make and model (and it's convenient), I'd love to know what you have that's specific to 1966 Dodge Monaco 500, 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury interior, and 1966 Chrysler.

Thanks!
I do have a Facebook page ( C body Bob) and have much of my stuff listed there by car. That’s how most people reach me. I did grab some stuff from a 66 SF that was in a local yard but I have a repeat that lives in Jersey that bought much of the stuff. A few piece still on there.

Back