Exact Replacement A/C Components Now Becoming Available for Our C bodies

Heating, Cooling & AC

1. furious70

furious70 Active Member

For sure. 2 years ago I threw away a 72 NYer heater box that had good heater core and evap. SO STUPID!!!

2. Ripinator

Ripinator Senior Member

Aaarrrggh!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jim Kolenovsky

Jim Kolenovsky New Member

I'm glad to find this post as I am going to need all these parts for CB Savage. I wonder if they do ac hoses as well? The person that took the original engine out of the car cut the the ac hoses. I have bought parts made in China and have been pleased.
    Off the subject of C bodies for a minute The only one making rear sump oil pans for the longest time was china along with the pickup tube (discontinued now), but was carried through 440 Source . The second 440 I have is from a 1979 Winne and is going into a 1992 Dodge D 150 club cab. I was too late to buy one of these pans from 440 source, but was able to find a rear sump oil pan kit on e-bay from Chrysler. So there are parts that are of quality from china.

By the way I have a Chrysler 300 as the parts donor for 69 CB Savage. Will be saving as many parts as possible. Learned to pack rat from my Father-in-law.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  4. furious70

furious70 Active Member

unless you're looking for exact OEM, there are many sources for hose/fitting kits that you can route the hoses however you want and then have the fittings crimped locally at a hydraulic place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

When I redid mine and changed from and RV-2 to a Sanden I went to a local semi truck shop. They crimped them for next to nothing.

Converting from RV-2 to Sanden

• Like Like x 1
  6. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

Exactly. I know of a place in the suburbs of Minneapolis that can make hoses for cheap, they made one for my LHS when a tech cut one of the lines. There may even be a place closer to me, but I haven't had the need so I never checked. Hoses are simple,

7. Jim Kolenovsky

Jim Kolenovsky New Member

Thanks guys! I think I need someone a little closer to Las Cruces New Mexico. The hoses on the 300 are intact but I'm unsure of 50 year old hoses. To change over to R 134 I know that there are o-ring changes. I'll start tearing down savage this spring. At this point just trying to find sources and parts.

8. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

Well, I got some good and some bad news this afternoon when I picked up my heater core and evaporator. The heater core is junk which I suspected. The evaporator core tested good, so thumbs up there. Now once the weather breaks I'll be pulling the box from the New Yorker to swap the evaporators out.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  9. twostick

twostick Senior Member

This is the stuff you need for DIY hoses. Click click and it's done.

E-Z Clip System for A/C Refrigerant Hoses

Kevin

10. saforwardlook

saforwardlook Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

While I am sure Eaton has a good sealing system, for me, it would never look original enough to pass my efforts to keep things looking as they were when built.