Exact Replacement A/C Components Now Becoming Available for Our C bodies

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have talked with these folks in the past and will continue to work with this company to provide us with exact replacment a/c system component parts for our C bodies. Their plans are to provide a large array of parts for a number of Chrysler models and years 1959 - 1980. Acceptance and sales volumes will likely determine the scope of their eventual offerings.

I need a condenser for one of my cars and they now make an exact replacement one available that they say exceeds the specifications of the OEM parts and they have a one year warranty. They also supply or will supply factory correct evaporators, receiver driers, and expansion valves. Here is the link to their 71 condenser offering for my car:

71 72 Chrysler New Yorker Newport Condenser OEM 3441614 AC3120 26" Radiator | eBay

The image for their complete system offering is below:

70 71 72 73 Chrysler Imperial Condenser Evaporator Core 3502019 EC5777 AC3090 | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

I believe the prices are very reasonable (and they provide "free shipping") for the components included and they have 100% positive feedback on their 5747 sales to date. So it looks like a solid supplier. Very good news to those of us restoring or otherwise trying to keep our systems performing well in the future.

I will work with them to clarify models that are the same so they can correctly list all the models that their products apply to (for example, my car is a 300 but their current listing shows Newport and New Yorker only).

Last edited:
I see that they also have them for slab sides C Body cars in both 26" & 22" radiator size condensers and that they also have the heater core/evaporator assemblies available.

I was looking into this for my 68 NYer because I'm in need of an evaporator. They have one listed on ebay that says it's for Chrysler also, but when you click on the listing Chrysler goes away.

66 67 68 69 Dodge Charger Roadrunner ac Evaporator Core Coil a/c Mopar EV5774

I've reached out to them through Ebay and am hopefully that I'll here back from them.

Just hoping you might have some insight.

I also found this one.

65-68 CHRYSLER DODGE PLYMOUTH C BODY EVAPORATOR CORE COIL A/C Air Conditioning

I've gotta take my spare box apart to confirm that this looks correct because the image from the parts book shows the other side of the evaporator.
Evaporator.jpg

Last edited:
Are the B and C body evaporator coils really the same in 1968? That would be my first question.

I have worked with AC Global, but not Classic Auto Air. AC Global is difficult to communicate with I have found, but I did order parts from them for my 1971 Chrysler 300, and the condenser was a perfect fit/bolt on as were the other parts. Their application charts are not so well developed. Maybe you can get in touch with them ultimately, keep trying.

I have worked with Original Auto Air and they are a good resource and they are knowledgeable. I would try to contact AC Global first and see if you can get in touch with them to see exactly what they have for your 68, then call Original and ask them about B vs. C body evapoaters and whether they are the same or not and go from there. Original is probably going to be more expensive than AC Global, but you won't know until you ask.

Just keep trying and continue the investigation. If yours were a 1969 and up model, I would have more specific input.

Good luck.
Steve

Last edited:
Are the B and C body evaporator coils really the same in 1968? That would be my first question.

I have worked with both of them, but classic auto air is hard to work with in terms of communication, but I did order other parts from them for my 1971 Chrysler 300, and the condenser was a perfect fit/bolt on as were the others. Their application charts are not so well developed. Maybe you can get in touch with them ultimately, keep trying.

Original Auto Air is also a good resource and they are knowledgeable. I would try to contact classicautoair first still, but if no reply, then call Original and ask them about B vs. C body evapoators and whether they are the same or not and go from there. Original is probably going to be more expensive than Classic, but you won't know until you ask.

Just keep trying and continue the investigation. If yours were a 1969 and up model, I would have more specific input.

Good luck.
Steve

National Moparts lists them as the same.

Heater Cores, C Body

Kevin

I bought a no name evap off eBay last year, it was close but no cigar, wouldn't fit in the heater box. For both evap and heater cores they have to be pretty dead nuts on to both fit back in the box

Last edited:
it won't fit. They don't make the capillary tubes small enough and bunched. I'm guessing AL vs brass affects how tight they can pack it in. You'll be 1/2" short of being able to seal up the heater box if it's like the one I had. You may be able to force it together and not break the box. In the end, the one in my car was ok so I didn't swap it out (I had planned to swap out since I had it out for new heater core).
FWIW, the heater core I got didn't fit either, but I think you could 'adjust' it to make it fit. I kept it and had the original repaired.

it won't fit. They don't make the capillary tubes small enough and bunched. I'm guessing AL vs brass affects how tight they can pack it in. You'll be 1/2" short of being able to seal up the heater box if it's like the one I had. You may be able to force it together and not break the box. In the end, the one in my car was ok so I didn't swap it out (I had planned to swap out since I had it out for new heater core).
FWIW, the heater core I got didn't fit either, but I think you could 'adjust' it to make it fit. I kept it and had the original repaired.

Which 1965-68 car model are you comparing your evaporator to for this comparison with the above photo?

Where did you buy your parts? Visual observations based on the results of your parts do not at this point convince me of the non-correctness of the CCS parts. As stated, we will see..................................

I would be very interested in what live4theking determines in his measurements/visual observations. All I can say at this point is that their condenser was a dead on fit - no modifying anything, which is incredibly rare these days with anything aftermarket for our small volume of old cars. Would a company such as CCS really compromise on the evaporator? I am still leaving the conclusion open at this point.........

Last edited:
Which 1965-68 car model are you comparing your evaporator to for this comparison with the above photo?

Where did you buy your parts? Visual observations based on the results of your parts do not at this point convince me of the non-correctness of the CCS parts. As stated, we will see..................................

I would be very interested in what live4theking determines in his measurements/visual observations. All I can say at this point is that their condenser was a dead on fit - no modifying anything, which is incredibly rare these days with anything aftermarket for our small volume of old cars. Would a company such as CCS really compromise on the evaporator? I am still leaving the conclusion open at this point.........
Love the optimism!
I'll bet a dollar there's only one place in China making these and people are distributing them.
His oem does have 'chunkier' tubes than I remember mine having, but even in those photos it seems the tubes are sticking out away from the core more and look how sloppy crooked the alignment on the firewall connectors is. You can bend some of that stuff but when they tack it together crooked it all just doesn't line up

Love the optimism!
I'll bet a dollar there's only one place in China making these and people are distributing them.
His oem does have 'chunkier' tubes than I remember mine having, but even in those photos it seems the tubes are sticking out away from the core more and look how sloppy crooked the alignment on the firewall connectors is. You can bend some of that stuff but when they tack it together crooked it all just doesn't line up

You know, I went to a lot of trouble trying to find parts that actually fit correctly on my car. And I am sharing my findings with the group on this site. My condenser fit perfectly and I am optimistic the parts live4theking is considering buying will too. From what I see, it is likely they will. Also, these parts are made in the USA, not China, so why don't you stop posting until you actually know something rather than turn off anyone that might be persuaded by your pure speculation and negativity (do you even own a 65-68 C body?). I appreciate good quality parts being available for our cars and I don't appreciate your talking them down when you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you will be correct, but I have no confidence so far based on your ignorance since you haven't even checked to be sure where they are made before you post. That is one big problem with the internet, as folks with little knowledge present themselves as otherwise.

Also, China is making some quality parts in some instances, as the company Brake Best actually manufacturers some new calipers for our C bodies so that one doesn't have to take their cores to be rebuilt anymore unless one wants to and usually pay double what the new ones cost. There is currently a shortage of the C body calipers for the C bodies from Brake Best (sold only through OReilly's as far as I know) due to some mix up at their distribution center where some B body calipers were put in the C body packages by mistake, but when I discovered this, I notified them and they promply recalled all their stock at OReilly's and are working hard to get the correct ones back in stock. I have put them on 3 of my cars in the past and they work perfectly too. Quality parts. And as far as I know, the only company manufacturing correct brake rotors for our C bodies is Centric, which is also a Chinese company at least in part with a headquarters in the U.S. that is in the city of Industry in California and when I talked with their tech rep this week about some of their applications, their rep was one of the best, most knowledgeable guys I have ever spoken with in this industry. The guys I worked with at OReilly's were also top notch.

Last edited:
Wow.
Look at how cock eyed the pipes are in the photo.
I hope it does work out for him, who wouldn't? Was never about hope.
I've traveled a few miles along this hobby myself, thanks.

Guys,
CCS Autoparts got back to me with pictures a few days ago. Here they are.
View attachment 343848

View attachment 343849

Now I just need to get my box apart to confirm that they look the same. It's on the list for tonight. We shall see.

Looks like a nice piece to me.
Look at how cock eyed the pipes are in the photo.
That doesn't mean a thing. They flexible for two reasons, installation and vibration. Obviously, care must be taken while putting it in but I think you've got a winner there.
As Steve said, not everything that comes from China is junk. I bought a radiator for my '77 Lotus Elite from a company called Winner Racing. Located somewhere in China through ebay. Go try and find one of those! They only brought 300 of them into the state's over a 10 year period. Anyway, I took a chance and it turned out to be a very high quality piece. And I got it in 4 days free shipping!

Well I just dropped mine pieces off at the local radiator shop to have them check them for leaks and see if they are repairable. I have no idea about the condition of these parts. I took them out of a car in probably '95. It could possibly be good to be a pack rat!

Back