Exact Replacement A/C Components Now Becoming Available for Our C bodies

And I DID NOT like removing the AC box. That was probably the most difficult job I've ever done on an old car. Miserable task, compounded by mouse poop and fur in my eyes....

:mad:

And to think I have this job ahead of me. Oh so much fun. lol

What's not to like about this? Mice are cute!
IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

Wong and cooling systems need to be torn apart and checked outurmise the whole heatiw.How often does these parts eventually fail and leak.I mean if the car sat forever without being run,would it make sense to tear it down and check it out?Thanks.B.B

What!! Heh. Love the 300 Hurst. I love the integrated rear trunk spoiler. Such a sharp car.How fast is the 440/350HP engine? Love the shiny gold.Congrats.B.B

It doesn't matter how much a car is or isn't run, you can figure on the radiator being plugged up. So it stands to reason the heater core can get plugged up from the same water/ antifreeze combination. Call it hard water fallout. Flushing the system at least once a year will clean out some but there is always some scale left inside.

By the way why couldn't this type of heater core be re-cored much like a radiator? Maybe I missed this in reading this post.

Replacement cores don't fit and aren't of high quality. Yes we had that argument already.
Wow.
Look at how cock eyed the pipes are in the photo.
I hope it does work out for him, who wouldn't? Was never about hope.
I've traveled a few miles along this hobby myself, thanks.

it won't fit. They don't make the capillary tubes small enough and bunched. I'm guessing AL vs brass affects how tight they can pack it in. You'll be 1/2" short of being able to seal up the heater box if it's like the one I had. You may be able to force it together and not break the box. In the end, the one in my car was ok so I didn't swap it out (I had planned to swap out since I had it out for new heater core).
FWIW, the heater core I got didn't fit either, but I think you could 'adjust' it to make it fit. I kept it and had the original repaired.

So once again you are just wrong. Tim got his a/c evaporator from AC Global and it will fit despite your being positive it would not. Thanks for maligning a company with no evidence and turning off potential customers, thus making the case for not reproducing C body components by aftermarket manufacturers. You are the problem.

See post #177 on this page: Wyatt convinced me to destroy my 71...

Last edited:
I'm glad it did fit it will make my job easier to have access to parts that fit. We have to remember that it is the after market that is trying to supply our needs and if we disparage them they will have the attitude of "F$$k You". I for one have been looking for the after market to reproduce a lot of parts that the car companies have had a strangle hold on for years.

posted over there. Don't see a bolted back together box yet. The one I got fit in by itself like that as well but didn't allow the full box to go back together.

posted over there. Don't see a bolted back together box yet. The one I got fit in by itself like that as well but didn't allow the full box to go back together.

You keep comparing what appears to be "fits all" components never designed to be sure they fit our particular models with parts designed and manufacturered for our specific models. There is a huge difference but your ego blinds you to that reality. Just because you took a gamble on these fits all parts and lost, it doesn't mean that the components from this manufacturer will not perform and fit well. We will see, but so far their track record is good..................

dude, you're a riot and all right by me. :lol: Quite the online personality. Are you flying in to the C body party so you can meet us all face to face? I just saw some of the guys at the Feb swap meet.

it won't fit. They don't make the capillary tubes small enough and bunched. I'm guessing AL vs brass affects how tight they can pack it in. You'll be 1/2" short of being able to seal up the heater box if it's like the one I had. You may be able to force it together and not break the box. In the end, the one in my car was ok so I didn't swap it out (I had planned to swap out since I had it out for new heater core).
FWIW, the heater core I got didn't fit either, but I think you could 'adjust' it to make it fit. I kept it and had the original repaired.
wish I saw this 2 weeks ago! Yep, the evaporator won't fit, it's close, but nothing you can do will make it fit enough to be able to put the box back together. so frustrating given the cost of the unit and shipping etc.

If they were able to make the thing about 1/4" narrower. that 1/4 equals about 1/2" on the outter edge of he coil.

wish I saw this 2 weeks ago! Yep, the evaporator won't fit, it's close, but nothing you can do will make it fit enough to be able to put the box back together. so frustrating given the cost of the unit and shipping etc.

If they were able to make the thing about 1/4" narrower. that 1/4 equals about 1/2" on the outter edge of he coil.
Did you buy your parts from AC Global? They sure have made correct versions of these parts in the past so they should have the capability to reproduce them accurately. Maybe it is the same old story of finding good technicians anymore that can fabricate accurately from a print drawing.

Get in contact with them and get them to take back the parts at their cost and modify them to be correct then. They should be able to provide you with a prepaid return label. Anyone else you buy from is very likely to give you something wrong though as @furious70 is hoping! :poke: Nothing is easy anymore!

so far, no go, the easy fix I thought would do it...didn't. Been working with Tech support, they keep asking for pictures, back and forth. It's getting a bit old and I keep putting the coil in, taking it back out and my new insulation etc is getting completely tore up.

The issue is from the bottom of the coil, to the top mount that bolts to the Heater box, the new coil is roughly 1/4" too tall, the coil itself fits, it's the mounts that are in the wrong spot. the only fix I can see is toe move the mount which is no easy task.

Tomorrow I'm going to tell them to eat this thing, shipping included. Lord knows I paid enough in shipping to get it to me. ($100 one way)

Back