For Sale Executive Special Order 74 Newport eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't follow the newer than fusie stuff so i do not know anything abt the atc. Does anyone care to explain why it is such a pain and never seems to work?

I don't follow the newer than fusie stuff so i do not know anything abt the atc. Does anyone care to explain why it is such a pain and never seems to work?

Briefly:

The thermostatic controls were very poor and the system leaked vacuum pretty much everywhere. Usually there would be a series of small vacuum leaks that rendered the various controls erratic or inoperative. There was a very large number of vacuum controls and vacuum fittings and they were pretty much all prone to leaking. Small leaks were enough to cause major problems. The system was always prone to multiple failures and the stupid thing was expensive to work on and would seldom operate for more than one season without going down.

Dave

sloppy engineering
I don't need to defend the engineers, but no one in a corporate bureaucracy does their work in a vacuum (pardon the pun). If an engineer designed a perfect system, inevitably a bean counter would come along and say: "That's great! Now build it for half the cost."

This car was also discussed here before the present owner bought it.

The fender tag:

74-135283-CM43T4C135283.jpg

As to non-functional ATC II: Who cares? It's a hardtop, so just lower the four windows and let in that fresh air. Stow away during winter.

Briefly:

The thermostatic controls were very poor and the system leaked vacuum pretty much everywhere. Usually there would be a series of small vacuum leaks that rendered the various controls erratic or inoperative. There was a very large number of vacuum controls and vacuum fittings and they were pretty much all prone to leaking. Small leaks were enough to cause major problems. The system was always prone to multiple failures and the stupid thing was expensive to work on and would seldom operate for more than one season without going down.

Dave
From what I know about Walter P. (subject to omissions and misinterpretations), this f#€kup would have really pissed him off, and between swear words would come orders to get it right or abandon the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back