Exhaust Question

62dodge

Reaction score
Does anybody have any pix of the exhaust hangers for duals my vert has these and I wondered if these are correct. 006.jpg007.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

As I said in a previous post the near hanger is most likely factory, I bet if you pull it off and clean it up you will find Mopar stampings or part numbers.
The other one with multiple holes in the rubber pies looks like a generic one installed by the local muffler shop.
They most likely did that as the original the goes in the slot in the rubber got lost and it was easier to do the replacement hanger with what they had.

The one with a slot in the rubber is very typical of what Chrysler did back then and into he 70's

Check with Accurate Exhaust, they should be able to give you a definitive answer.
http://www.accurateltd.com/

Alan

I agree with Alan, the one closer to us is a factory piece.

Funny thing. I Googled until my fingers bled and I couldn't find any reference or picture to that tail pipe hanger anywhere.

I have a `70 300 convert with a 440 TNT and it has the identical exhaust brackets that are shown closer in your picture. I believe Chrysler used a type of U bracket that went through the rubber insert then through a special tailpipe exhaust clamp that had a pervision for the U bracket.

Back