Exhaust Tips

Shamu70

Reaction score
Finally got my TTI tips. But with my 2.25 pipes & the 2.5 slip on tips, is there a way to sleeve the difference with the provided clamp?
0924211317.jpg

Those are very nice looking tips. I'm a longtime car fixer guy and can do everything except paint, including replacing/welding exhaust systems. But when I removed the ugly, incorrect chrome tips from the PO and went with proper tips, I took it to a quality muffler shop, where they bent new tips specifically for my application. I'm thinking you might want to consider doing the same with your tips. This would be duck soup for them to make a transition piece or butt weld to your existing pipes, etc. And it would look da bizness.

Ugly tips from previous owner.
Rear View.JPG

Gone!
IMG_3181.JPG

Made at the shop.
IMG_3182.JPG

Proper Chrysler tips!
IMG_3186.JPG

Those are nice!
Yeah, I know. I was trying to be cheap.
But it needs to be done right.

TTI usually has extra length on the tail pipes, so you may be able to take your tips to exhaust shop have them cut just at the expansion and butt welded on or might even slip on to your 2.25" pipes.

Sorry, I miss read, I thought you had a TTI system and they made 2.25 tails for you. Long day here.
Your tips along with Trace 300's photos should be good templates for a pipe bender.

Seems like in the back of the old Walker Exhaust catalogs, there were some ready-made size-adjuster short lengths of pipe? But I also suspect that FEW muffler shops ever stocked them as many muffler shop operatives seemed to take a bit of pride in making things themselves (even if they might not have been "the best"), by observation. Might need to snip the length of the existing pipes to get the right OEM-spec length, though.

Those supplied length/ends look very good.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back