Exhaust

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I want to put dual exhaust on the 68 NYer. A quote from a local guy for 2-1/4 aluminized with Dyna Max Super Turbos is $500 plus or minus a few bucks. That is bent up and installed.

I found this on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-CHRYSL...ash=item2a5d7b4300:g:vGAAAOSwT5tWHlY9&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with him?
Classic Exhaust
805 Pro-Gram Pkwy
Geneva, Oh 44041

When I asked about it this was his reply. It's made for all 440 engines. AP is the muffler manufacturer. I can supply stock or turbo mufflers.

What do you guys think?

ask around and visit your local muffler guy...stuff like this ussualy dosnt go well and returns are a *****....

With shipping its only $100 difference. If your local guy is a seasoned professional then its worth to stay local.

I would agree with can Critter, go to the pipe shop and get the right bends, clearance and hangers so you don't regret saving a couple bucks on a 1 size fits all kit.

Having custom bent pipe for a year or so, the local will fit your car better than any prebent system. Make sure you ask him to make it clamp-able and not just welded 100%, that you specifically want no kinks, that it has hangers both behind the mufflers and near the tips, and that you can see it before he drops it off the lift.

Local! Local! Local! That price is not out of line, assuming they do good work. "All 440 engines," really? Doesn't bother to ask you anything about exhaust manifold casting numbers and the different orientations of the flanges? Big warning, right there.

Local! Local! Local! That price is not out of line, assuming they do good work. "All 440 engines," really? Doesn't bother to ask you anything about exhaust manifold casting numbers and the different orientations of the flanges? Big warning, right there.
100% correct...that is why I spit up a few extra $$$ for the tti system, and I have no regrets !

I want to put dual exhaust on the 68 NYer. A quote from a local guy for 2-1/4 aluminized with Dyna Max Super Turbos is $500 plus or minus a few bucks. That is bent up and installed.

I found this on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-CHRYSL...ash=item2a5d7b4300:g:vGAAAOSwT5tWHlY9&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with him?
Classic Exhaust
805 Pro-Gram Pkwy
Geneva, Oh 44041

When I asked about it this was his reply. It's made for all 440 engines. AP is the muffler manufacturer. I can supply stock or turbo mufflers.

What do you guys think?

I had a system just like that made for half that money... in 1987... stay local...

Agreed. I had my system installed by a local shop, and had them weld on flanges in key locations so I could remove it easily in large pieces if necessary. That came in handy when the transmission had to be removed about a year later. The cost was around $500, which included mandrel bends (no kinks), an "H"-pipe and mufflers. He also brought me in and out of the shop a few times to verify I was getting precisely what I wanted.

Having custom bent pipe for a year or so, the local will fit your car better than any prebent system. Make sure you ask him to make it clamp-able and not just welded 100%, that you specifically want no kinks, that it has hangers both behind the mufflers and near the tips, and that you can see it before he drops it off the lift.

Good advice a have a great local shop but didn't know what I should tell him on how I want it done. Champ-able, no kinks, muffler and tip hangers. Got it.

I don't have a competent local shop so I bought a TTI system and had a friend install it at his repair shop. Money well spent.

Don't let them install less than 2 1/4", do not listen to the back pressure torque BS, its not a dirt bike and they are lazy. That would be a good indicator to find another shop.

Dad's Swinger Has 2 inch Exhaust, He Didn't know they Should Be 2 1/2. Car Runs Great Though.

Back