1. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

I want to put dual exhaust on the 68 NYer. A quote from a local guy for 2-1/4 aluminized with Dyna Max Super Turbos is $500 plus or minus a few bucks. That is bent up and installed.

I found this on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-CHRYSL...ash=item2a5d7b4300:g:vGAAAOSwT5tWHlY9&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with him?
    Classic Exhaust
    805 Pro-Gram Pkwy
    Geneva, Oh 44041

When I asked about it this was his reply. It's made for all 440 engines. AP is the muffler manufacturer. I can supply stock or turbo mufflers.

What do you guys think?

2. CanCritter

CanCritter Senior Member

ask around and visit your local muffler guy...stuff like this ussualy dosnt go well and returns are a bitch....

3. Pete Kaczmarski

Pete Kaczmarski Senior Member

With shipping its only $100 difference. If your local guy is a seasoned professional then its worth to stay local.

4. yellowkeeble

yellowkeeble Member

I would agree with can Critter, go to the pipe shop and get the right bends, clearance and hangers so you don't regret saving a couple bucks on a 1 size fits all kit.

5. moper

moper Well-Known Member

Eastern CT, 2 stoplight town, Columbia, CT
    Having custom bent pipe for a year or so, the local will fit your car better than any prebent system. Make sure you ask him to make it clamp-able and not just welded 100%, that you specifically want no kinks, that it has hangers both behind the mufflers and near the tips, and that you can see it before he drops it off the lift.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 440_Magnum

440_Magnum Member

Local! Local! Local! That price is not out of line, assuming they do good work. "All 440 engines," really? Doesn't bother to ask you anything about exhaust manifold casting numbers and the different orientations of the flanges? Big warning, right there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

Good advice above re going local. Can't add to it. Show us some pics when you are done.

8. MOVE N UP

MOVE N UP Active Member FCBO Gold Member

100% correct...that is why I spit up a few extra $$$ for the tti system, and I have no regrets !

9. cantflip

cantflip Old Jagoff with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

I had a system just like that made for half that money... in 1987... stay local...

10. celticwarlock

celticwarlock Active Member

Agreed. I had my system installed by a local shop, and had them weld on flanges in key locations so I could remove it easily in large pieces if necessary. That came in handy when the transmission had to be removed about a year later. The cost was around $500, which included mandrel bends (no kinks), an "H"-pipe and mufflers. He also brought me in and out of the shop a few times to verify I was getting precisely what I wanted.

11. Zymurgy

Zymurgy Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Good advice a have a great local shop but didn't know what I should tell him on how I want it done. Champ-able, no kinks, muffler and tip hangers. Got it.

12. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

I sounds like wisdom has spoken. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'll be going to the local guy when the weather breaks. Plus I won't have to lay on my back for who knows how many hours.

13. Big_John

Big_John Illegitimi non carborundum FCBO Gold Member

I don't have a competent local shop so I bought a TTI system and had a friend install it at his repair shop. Money well spent.

14. 70bigblockdodge

70bigblockdodge Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Don't let them install less than 2 1/4", do not listen to the back pressure torque BS, its not a dirt bike and they are lazy. That would be a good indicator to find another shop.

15. 67-Fury

67-Fury Senior Member

Dad's Swinger Has 2 inch Exhaust, He Didn't know they Should Be 2 1/2. Car Runs Great Though.