For Sale Expensive Formals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one with 121 miles looks interesting. Not to disagree with anyone here but I hope they get, (or at least close), to the prices asked. A rising tide lifts all ships as they say.

The one with 121 miles looks interesting. Not to disagree with anyone here but I hope they get, (or at least close), to the prices asked. A rising tide lifts all ships as they say.

I would drive it to Carlisle in July!

When you look at what 28K buys you in a new or restored car today, it really isn't a bad price for literally an NOS car. You couldn't restore one of these cars to that level for 28k. I've got close to that much invested in a Desoto project and it's still just a big pile of parts.

Seems like a fluke to me. I've seen plenty of nice ones in the 3-7k range in the last 4 months, where the stuff in the 7k area is as nice & original as anything listed there but Commando1's car.

121 miles and never titled, would be a great reference as to what is correct.

People need to be careful.Auction prices for formals is pretty low.And i know any car with 121 original miles is a unicorn,but since there were over 500,000 formals of all types built,which i,m grateful,there is no way that one NYB is worth 28,000.00. I mean that,s almost laughable.A 1970 Fury GT with a 6 carb set up with 121 miles in pristine just off the assembly line condition i think would be in the 50 to 75,000.00 at a car auction.Just my little opinion.I,ve looked at a lot of Keith Martin mags with auction results and you never really see c bodies that often.I think the collector world in general could care less about these cars.So even though GT,s are great for us,YAY!,the collector world in general just ignores.But i know you guys will keep the survivors running and further finds are out there,for sure.More parts will be found and scavenged,sometimes with malice.Heh.I love liking cars that are attainable.And so should all of us.Car auctions are so dangerous because of the other cars that are there to begin with.There needs to be a car auction where it,s Mopars only with various classes of cars separated by the letter codes.I,m telling you that will help sell cars and maybe cause them to rise as a whole.There,s more than just chargers,cuda's,challengers,letter series which you do see commonly.I want to see C bodies out there.They,re unique,fun,different.Of course i,m being a little hypocritical,would love to have a 426 Hemi powered Fusey Imp.but they never installed a.c. in Hemi powered 426 cars.B.B

I don't know about the price, but where are you ever going to find another " brand new, never titled" formal, still owned by the dealer?. Last year for a truly full size coupe. I hope someone buys it and puts it in a collection.

I see your point it,s just that cbody formals aren,t on most collectors minds.But then again somebody with a lot of money may not mind.Most likely somebody in this forum.B.B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back