For Sale Experts needed:Used 70 Sport Fury GT finish panel $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind someone asking too much money, the market will determine if it sells. It pisses me off when people lie or best case scenario, don't verify what they have. I posted a question of why he thinks this is the PH part number for a Sport Fury/S23/GT and not the PM part number for the Fury III. We'll see if he responds. Either way, the only difference I see in the two parts is the paint.

Capture3.JPG

I strongly doubt that the seller holds the copyright (or is otherwise entitled) to use the photo of the black Sport Fury GT in his ad, with the wrongly spelled caption "AUTO PICTURED BELOW ONLY FOR EXAMPLE PURPOSE'S" not helping.

so, sorry guys, I'm a little slow, so you are all saying this is actually for a Fury III? thanks.

so, sorry guys, I'm a little slow, so you are all saying this is actually for a Fury III? thanks.
That's what it appears to be. If someone has more info, please provide. Even if it is for a GT with the paint worn off which I doubt, it would be the same part for the Sport Fury, S/23, and GT so it's not nearly as rare as the seller thinks/implies.

So aside from the color difference, what else is different?

Visually there doesn't appear to be any difference but that's a guess, I don't have a 70 Fury so I don't know if there may be a difference in the panel such as concave vs convex.

The bumper is the same weather you have the PM Fury III or PH Sport Fury, etc. so my guess is paint is the only difference.

Capture4.JPG

if nothing but color differs between Fury III and SFGT, then $1,000 probably is on the way high side .. UNLESS there are NOT that many Fury III (or any other model it might have been on) parts left?

diff part but by analogy, what might one of us be willing to pay for an NOS set of these? perhaps what other folks (who don't need/dont want 'em that bad) might think is a crazy number, right?

00-1-1.jpg

i think shooter65 called it .. the market (supply/demand) will sort the price out. I still doubt $1,000 but if I was missing this part on a high$$ SFGT resto, and had been searching for years, I might pony up that number or close to it.

Agreed! If there is no difference other than color than it is way to high.

Ive paid $200.00 for NOS Domes with caps . I would probably go $300 if I had to

Agreed, I paid WAY more than I ever expected to for a nice windshield washer reservoir because they're no re-pop's available for 69 furys. I guess that's why it irritates me when people post incorrect descriptions for parts. Someone trying to do a correct resto gets burned because they didn't do they're homework. Let the buyer beware.

A 69 GTX uses the same finish panel as a 69 Sport Satellite, with different paint. I've located several nice sport satellite panels and refinished with GTX colors.

Pay $1000 and ship it Greyhound? Hope it's boxed very, very good.

I was educated by "Billy Fury" on this.

There is a Sport Fury GT specific rear finish panel. It has hidden mounting studs on the inside of the panel; so no fasteners can be seen holding the panel on. It gives the rear a cleaner look. It is a little detail, that when taken with all the other details, adds up to the sum of its parts; a special and unique model: Sport Fury GT.

Non GT models have a similar panel but are mounted with external screws, which Plymouth designers apparently thought was worth tooling up for. Less cleaner design,.. not as "special" as a GT aparently.

The part advertised is NOT for a GT, but a Fury I, Fury II, or Fury III,....and it's USED,..and it's not NOS,....and its $1,000 dollars...the photo is being used without permission,...need I say more? LOL!!!!

I was educated by "Billy Fury" on this.

There is a Sport Fury GT specific rear finish panel. It has hidden mounting studs on the inside of the panel; so no fasteners can be seen holding the panel on. It gives the rear a cleaner look. It is a little detail, that when taken with all the other details, adds up to the sum of its parts; a special and unique model: Sport Fury GT.

Non GT models have a similar panel but are mounted with external screws, which Plymouth designers apparently thought was worth tooling up for. Less cleaner design,.. not as "special" as a GT aparently.

The part advertised is NOT for a GT, but a Fury I, Fury II, or Fury III,....and it's USED,..and it's not NOS,....and its $1,000 dollars...the photo is being used without permission,...need I say more? LOL!!!!

I NEED to see that difference

quote..
Non GT models have a similar panel but are mounted with external screws, which Plymouth designers apparently thought was worth tooling up for. Less cleaner design,.. not as "special" as a GT apparently. unquote

l justtttt had my 70 fury 3 rear bumper apart and it has the screw setup on the back with the tin nuts...am assuming its original to the car...
l first noticed the difference between mine and Bills...
had no idea their were different panels..w/wo the black and then theres the new 70 pic with the orange....
just trying to sort out whats what here or should be so if someones got a definitive awnser to all this would be nice...

mine...70 FURY 3 with attached fasteners on backside...no black...black script
20170115_143307_1484530256853_resized.jpg

WC6.jpg

20161231_160115_resized.jpg

Bills/70 fury 3 with black...silver Plymouth script
20161002_110336_1475459687288_resized.jpg

Bill Furys GT l believe
1970_Plymouth_Sport_Fury_GT_-_Black_017com.jpg

thoughts....

20161222_200723_1485725829494.jpg

20161222_200725_1485725829268.jpg

Last edited: