Exporting Cars Out of Canada: Not Allowed?

Imperial Pete

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I vaguely seem to remember reding something about Canada not allowing classic cars to be exported out of the country.
Does anyone know if this is true?
If so is there any way around it?
Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings all,
I vaguely seem to remember reding something about Canada not allowing classic cars to be exported out of the country.
Does anyone know if this is true?
If so is there any way around it?
Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Have a read here... Assessment Tool – Exporting Antique Vehicles - Canada.ca This applies to someone exporting a vehicle 50 years old or more, but I don't know how/if it applies to non-residents purchasing here and then taking it out themselves.

It indicates that a car must have been the first to have a particular revolutionary engineering feature that became common on other cars. Thats not the same thing as a 70 Pontiac GTO Judge having a collection of existing parts put into an intermediate car, however collectable it may be.

I bought my first 68 300 from a restorstion dealer in quebec, took a while to go through customs and get a delivery driver to texas, but no real issues. That was in 2017. Had to have it ckd out by texas auto theft division before I could transfer snd register it though.

Back