eyemon

eyemon

Reaction score
I am new to this forum so I hope that I'm following the "introduce yourself" instructions correctly.
I'm not an expert on much and have screwed up a few things that I did try to be an "expert" on.
In my 83 years I've almost always found myself needing to spend my income on raising a family first and driving classy new cars second which meant that I was forced to do a whole lot of "mechanicing"
in order to make reasonably sure that my wheels would get me where I wanted to go. I got pretty good at fixing most of the running gear, drive train (except automatic transmissions), as well as the basic electrical components. "Shade tree mechanic" kinda describes me pretty well.
At the present time my sloppy weather driver is a 1978 Dodge Ramcharger with a rebuilt 360 engine that purrs like a stroked cat. Not so much to look at due to road salt rust out in the rear quarter panels but I'm not all that much to look at either so-----.
My "new" vehicle is a 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 that also puts out "cat sounds" from it's 10 cylinder 8.0 liter engine and is a fine looker to boot.
My pride and joy is my 98% finished 1971 Dodge Monaco, 2 door hard top, with a standard 440 engine and most of the available accessories offered in it's day. I didn't do the "matching numbers thing as I rebuilt the running gear. If I had been restoring say, a Charger, then that may have been a way to go but I was after looks and driveability. I've achieved both of them at this time and do enjoy
the comments and interest shown whenever I take it out for a test drive.
That about says most everything about me. I'm an old geezer type who loves doing what it takes to
keep the big ole battlewagons looking good and on the road.

Excellent introduction, welcome to the site from the Motor City! Lets see some pics old dude.

Well, I am impressed - still working on your cars yourself at a young 83! I can only hope to do so well, and you live in frigid Alaska no less! You must be tough!

I also love the 71 Monacos and have a 2 door model with the 383-4 engine. I want to restore that one in the not too distant future. I too would really like to see photos of your nearly done car.

Thanks for your introduction. You are an inspiration! Keep up the good work.

Steve

We will need to hear what the Eyemon represents. That's the first thing I thought of too Bryan.

Agreed what does it represent eyemon? I'm sure you have a lot of interesting stores to tell. Glad you are here

Welcome eyemon where ever your rootz say you started pumpin' air and raised. You're here now and you've found a good place. OH YEAH, Their are none that know it all 'cuz we'z all still learnin'! Only smart a$$e$ that think they do but they don't last very long here. I think you will. This said from just ah 75 year young kid, Jer

I finally traded in my 2 layerz of cardboard for ah brand spankin' new DAWG BONE CREEPER W/ 3X4 chunk of wool carpet to soften it up ah tad. The guyz she called from 911 when I didn't come in fer dinner scared the hell out of me when they grabbed both my feet and woke me from my nap under the latest project!

I finally traded in my 2 layerz of cardboard for ah brand spankin' new DAWG BONE CREEPER W/ 3X4 chunk of wool carpet to soften it up ah tad. The guyz she called from 911 when I didn't come in fer dinner scared the hell out of me when they grabbed both my feet and woke me from my nap under the latest project!

Bet she didn't laugh when you told her why you were late for dinner. LOL

TNTrooper. By the time I figured out how work this forum (barely) it was too late to attempt to send what I originally had in mind which would have included photos. Finally got two photos to download today as attachments but then ony succeeded in sending them off to I don't know where, so gave up for now. Will try again tomorrow.

Back