F Nike!

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
F Nike!!!

FB_IMG_1536079028359.jpg

I agree. Now I have to find a different athletic shoe company as my way of protest, or just not supporting this.

For those who don't know yet, Nike's latest add is Kapernick's face with "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything." Also, at least I didn't know this, Nike has been supporting him financially this whole time.

Last edited:
I believe that our Flag symbolizes freedom. I still do and wouldn’t boycott Nike but I never bought their crap anyway.

It should be Pat Tillman's picture with that caption who played in the NFL and left after the 9/11 attacks to become an Army Ranger. He gave his life in service to our Nation.
IMG_1198.JPG

Crapernick just needs to go away.

Dave

He's a useful idiot. He'll be forgotten when he no longer serves a purpose.

If you have never heard the term “useful idiot” it was the attitude held by Vladimir Lenin towards communist sympathizers in the West (America). While Lenin and the Soviets held them in utter contempt they also viewed them as tools for dispensing communist propaganda to other countries, thus infecting foreign cultures with their totalitarian tripe. After their mission was complete, they were no longer “useful.”

What's "funny" about thus is the whole idea that Kapernick is a martyr. As soon as I heard this story this morning, I was seeing the yet-to-be created memes.

How could Nike be so clueless not to see the irony in using the term "sacrifice"? Of course they aren't. This is about increasing brand-loyaty from a demographic so into "branding" as to kill their own over a pair of shoes. Pelle-Pelle, FuBu, Adidas, etc, the ball is in your court now I suppose.

On another forum, a guy is bragging about how much Nike stock he just bought. Thing is, I'm sure that was a wise financial move.

And that's what it's about. Anything else is collateral damage.

I couldn't afford their **** back then, and I'z sure as hell can't afford it now! And even if I could, I wouldn't!

whats a kapernik? oh wait. the footballplayer whos standing up for HIS believes? just like christians do or military? oh okay. And why would a sports company advertise with military? Maybe a manufacturer making combat boots should!?

I dont understand the outrage, he has HIS freedom too you know. hypocrites

whats a kapernik? oh wait. the footballplayer whos standing up for HIS believes? just like christians do or military? oh okay. And why would a sports company advertise with military? Maybe a manufacturer making combat boots should!?

You mean football has been don't you?

Dave

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why they play the national anthem at the games at all. Recruitment?

Personally, I won't stand either, not for disrespect or anything, I'm just not there for a government or military function I'd be there to watch some rich a-holes play a stupid game. Sorry, momma didn't raise no robot.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why they play the national anthem at the games at all. Recruitment?

Personally, I won't stand either, not for disrespect or anything, I'm just not there for a government or military function I'd be there to watch some rich a-holes play a stupid game. Sorry, momma didn't raise no robot.
She didn't raise anyone to respect our national anthem either. Too bad. And, yes, its disrespect.

No one said he didn't have the right. He obviously does. That he's a grandstanding idiot, protesting in a manner that will in no way affect his "cause", is also not the point. Many of us will chose to exercise our freedom to exclude Nike from any of our future purchasing plans. No hypocrisy there.

Back