For Sale Factory 65-68 C-body Factory BUDD Disc Brake Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Fedele

Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a nice complete PDB set up for factory 1965-68 Chrysler C-body cars. To include 300, New Yorker, Newport etc. These are the BUDD dual piston disc brakes. Complete with all correct parts, rotors, calipers, correct PDB brake booster, brake lines, proportion valves etc. All parts come off a California car and are in excellent condition. Rotors in my opinion just need to be brushed off, they are smooth and thick. Nothing is stuck, nothing is rusted. I would suggest they all be disassembled and cleaned before using. Very hard to find, especially this complete and in this condition. $675 [email protected]

IMG_1620.jpg

I'm surprised that no one has expressed an interest in this, at least in terms of restoring an original Budd disc brake equipped car.

Do you have the spindles and lower ball joints etc for it? The lower ball joints are Budd system unique, and are very hard to find and expensive.

Bolt pattern is too small.:rolleyes:
Those do look nice though. Can you measure the thickness of the rotor?

I'm pretty sure the rotor can be separated from the Cbody hub and installed on an Imperial hub if you had to.

Kevin
Yep, the new rotors I buy don’t include the hub.

I'm pretty certain this setup was not originally offered as an option on '65 300's.

Seems to me I've seen a '65 300L somewhere with those wheel covers, and I assumed they were part of the disc brake option - just like the '66 300 had. But my brain is old . . .

FOUND IT!

00DSCN9358.jpg

Seems to me I've seen a '65 300L somewhere with those wheel covers, and I assumed they were part of the disc brake option - just like the '66 300 had. But my brain is old . . .

FOUND IT!

View attachment 273017

Doesn't mean they were factory installed. The only Brake Option I show on the Options List for '65 Newport, 300, 300L and New Yorker are Power Brakes. No mention of disks. These may have only been available on the Imperial in '65.

Head over to HH, they probably have the ‘65 Data book uploaded.

Very rare, but discs were offered on Cs in 65. Very rare. Marketed to police and trailer tow/fleet use at first IIRC.

That has been my understanding, cop cars in 65 and the rest of the fleet in 66. As with most things Mopar probably not written in stone and a salesman that knew who to call/what option code to ask for, might have got discs on a civilian order.

Kevin

my 66 fury wagon has the factory budd power disc brake setup. an option and when ordered came with 15 inch wheels. was a police option from what I understand. also the nice wheel covers shown by ripinator.

my 66 fury wagon has the factory budd power disc brake setup. an option and when ordered came with 15 inch wheels. was a police option from what I understand. also the nice wheel covers shown by ripinator.

Well. . . How about a picture ?!?

Might this be a good idea for potential disc conversion for my '67 New Yorker? I'd still have to find 15" wheels, but at least there's this part.

I don't have plans to imminently, but maybe for future use, or to include in case I need to sell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back