Factory exhaust flanges intermediate pipe

deans66furyVIP

Reaction score
Does anybody have a clue where I can find a bolt on intermediate pipe or some call it the exhaust flange for my 66 fury VIP with a 383. It was a two barrel carb and we just replaced it with a factory four barrel manifold and a street warrior 600 CFM Holley. I need to open the exhaust up a little bit and do not want to put headers on it. I am comfortable building the exhaust but I have to have something to bolt to the factory flange. I have Included a couple of pics of what I’m looking for. Since it was a two barrel car, and probably does not have the high-performance factory exhaust manifolds.

CFDB016E-0E33-47BC-952E-90361FBFF9F6.jpeg

713D3777-2A7E-4A8D-9B40-4D99FBB34C6C.jpeg

You need to go to a competant exhaust shop. They will have access to what's known as an exhaust ball joint - which is a ball and socket type joint - which allows positioning of the pipes in nearly any position within a decent range. Then new pipes are welded to that and an intermediate pipe is created.

You can get the ball and socket flanges on eBay:

2.5"ID TO 2.5"ID EXHAUST BALL & SOCKET HEADER COLLECTOR CONNECTION REPAIR JOINT | eBay

A good shop can use what are known as the Data Bend Cards to create a factory fit exhaust system from that point back, however, you may be better off just getting a guaranteed fit dual exhaust system from Waldron's or TTI.

1965-69 Plymouth Full Size V8 Dual Exhaust w/2 Mufflers

65-73 C-body Exhaust Systems

The factory flange is flat it’s not a donut type or a ball type. I am going to remove the rusty flange as well as bolts and replaced it with a new flange. Thank you very much for the information I appreciate it.

Yes, the factory flange (at that point) is flat and gasketed with a beaded metal flat gasket. The ball joint connection is at the end of that front pipe section, under the front floor area. Seems like that gasket has a 2.25" hole in the middle of it?

Getting a kit from a known vendor might be a better option. This way, you might have some optiions as to pipe material, which CAN be better than what the typical muffler shop might keep in stock, I suspect.

You will also need extra hangers to match what is currently on the car. One in front of or near the rear axle and one near the rear leaf spring shackles. For those, you can see if the exhaust pipe kit vendor has them or possibly in the system page for your car and engine in the online Walker Exhaust catalog.

Personally, I like exhaust pieces I can install in the driveway (with the car on secure jack stands!) rather than muffler shop bent items. Especially when I was younger and limber enough to get up and down much better than in recent history. Now, a body contact lift is needed.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

That’s mainly for a 3.8 L. I only included those pictures as an example I don’t know if either one of those actually fit.

Agree above. looking closer at the photo that 41806 flange with a flat face on jegs has threaded holes in it which won’t work. You could drill them out if enough meat around them So you can use nuts and bolts.

the 51002 with studs in it doesn’t look right.

Back