Fair Play or Cold of me

As I recall, the Superbird WAS a Road Runner model. It did have a 440/375 as standard equipment, probably with a 4-speed standard, too. Any 3-speed manual Superbirds?
Yes, that's kind of true, but it's kind of like early Barracudas and Dusters. Yes, they were Valiants, but really everyone thinks of them as Barracudas and Dusters. In this case, the Superbird wasn't brought up (except by me) , so it would be safe to assume that we are talking about the regular Roadrunner and not the Superbird. Since they didn't offer the 3 speed behind any of the 440 engines, I'd say it would be correct that there were no 3 speed Superbirds. But never say never with Mopar LOL.

70 Birds were standard with 440/4, then 440/6, then hemi. This is standard 440/4 w/4 speed.
If by "bird", you mean Superbird, yes, I will agree. The Superbird did have those engines.

If you mean '70 Roadrunner, then no. This is for 1970. Again, this is the regular Roadrunner and not a Superbird.

70_Belevedere0007.jpg

71_Satellite_20.jpg

1972 This is where the 440 4bbl starts.

72_Satellite_17.jpg

1973. Note NA with manual trans notation

73_Satellite5.jpg

74_Satellite_13.jpg

And just for good measure, 1968

68_Belvedere0022.jpg

68_Belvedere0023.jpg

and 1969. It doesn't list the A12 440 6bbl option as that was a mid year option.

69_Belvedere0026.jpg

I couldn't factually . Knowing you are sharp on Bs I stepped in unarmed .
The 69 and 70 wasn't available with a 44o stick? I know the 440 wasn't in 68 as only the 383 and 426 were the only engines available.
Yes, stick behind the '69 M-code A12 440 6bbl and '70 V-code 440 6bbl, but no 4bbl Roadrunners in those years.

Do you have just the engine and trans or are you cutting up a car for the engine and trans like so many A, B and E guy's have done to C's?

Yes, stick behind the '69 M-code A12 440 6bbl and '70 V-code 440 6bbl, but no 4bbl Roadrunners in those years.

Is that none period?
Or is that saying not available with 440 4 speed with a/c? These factory literature things were always vague to me.

Is that none period?
Or is that saying not available with 440 4 speed with a/c? These factory literature things were always vague to me.
No 440 4bbl in a Roadrunner, except the Superbird, period, until 1972.

So if it is indeed the original numbers matching 1970 Roadrunner with a 440 and 4bbl...

Someone has swapped the original 6bbl intake for a 4bbl or...

It's a factory special order one-off or...

It has really been misidentified and is a 383.

That sound correct?

Had it for decades from a supebird. Only motor and transmission.

So if it is indeed the original numbers matching 1970 Roadrunner with a 440 and 4bbl...

Someone has swapped the original 6bbl intake for a 4bbl or...

It's a factory special order one-off or...

It has really been misidentified and is a 383.

That sound correct?

Only the Data plate knows for sure . . .

Totalled and crushed decades ago.

Still a heavy rod wierd balance engine. Not good for anything but number resto, fun for a driver but not good reason for getting excited about. Trans is a great piece, 2.65 first will be good for wagon. Start making plans to r & r that rearend if you plan to do more than granny drive it.

ummmmm a Super Bird is a Road Runner...go look at a bird...it says Road Runner.
A very fast winged Road Runner is a super bird. Super fast
Now go read your Mopar Collectors Guide

Back