Family '67 Corvette will finally come back to life until this week

JC68vert300

Reaction score
My wife's brother owns this 1967 Corvette since 1970(he was 18). He stopped driving it in 1973 when he bought a '69 Chevelle SS as his daily driver. Life got busy, marriage, kids , divorce (his ex tried to force him to sell it for half the value, the judge said no, he acquired it before her). The car languished in his mother's garage until she died in 1999 when we moved it on a flatbed to our other brother-in-law Joe's huge warehouse in Passaic, NJ. Pushed it to the back of the building until this week. Joe decided after 20 years, it's time for it to go. Coincidently my nephew in Kentucky just built a 4 car garage with a lift. So our adventure began. The car had 4 hard flattened, cracked tires. We lifted the car onto jack stands took off the wheels, and went and bought four new tires, so we could roll it onto my nephew's trailer. The car has 34,200 miles on it. It has now arrived in Kentucky and the mechanical restoration has begun. As opposed to our beloved C-bodies, parts and all kinds of catalogs are available.

image.jpeg
Here are the original Kelly Springfield red-line tires

It is a pretty rare car. It only has the 3 speed manual trans. Less than 2% of production. Nobody wanted it then, I'm sure it is just as desirable today, but it will be kept, so value isn't an issue.

Great to see that it has stayed (and will be staying) in the family all this time. Looks like it has been stored well, and seems pretty nice. Good luck with it, and keep us posted.

Kudos and congrats!! Many of us have been down similar roads. Great for you and great for the car. Congrats again.

Interesting. By mid-1972 I had company cars to drive while in college. So my 68 Cougar was retired from daily driving when I was 19. However, while always in the garage it did get out on weekends for drives. Drove it up to Northern California for grad school and it was garaged then but driven some. Went through school, started a practice, moved to the City, car stayed at parents but was driven, got married and did similar stuff but it was always with me. The only time it sat was for an engine rebuild in the 70s and cylinder head rebuild in 2017.

Interesting. By mid-1972 I had company cars to drive while in college. So my 68 Cougar was retired from daily driving when I was 19. However, while always in the garage it did get out on weekends for drives. Drove it up to Northern California for grad school and it was garaged then but driven some. Went through school, started a practice, moved to the City, car stayed at parents but was driven, got married and did similar stuff but it was always with me. The only time it sat was for an engine rebuild in the 70s and cylinder head rebuild in 2017.

Pics?

Wow. I’ve never been a gigantic Vette fan but my Dad’s dream car was a 67 hardtop (preferably a big block). Poor guy combed through Hemmings for 40 years watching the prices go up... wound up with a MIATA... very glad my dream car is a C body Chrysler and that there is one in my garage.
Looking forward to see what comes of this!

That's freakin' awesome! I love the '63-'67 Vettes, my favorite body style. It's in my Grandma's favorite color, which has grown on me lately, and it's got a bad *** look with those tires sticking out slightly in the rear, just love it! Glad to see it getting some love and look forward to seeing it come along. Thanks for sharing!

all-the-awesome-sht-you-were-banned-from-having-as-a-kid-25-photos-22.gif

Last edited:
That's freakin' awesome! I live the '63-'67 Vettes my favorite body style. It's in my Grandma's favorite color, which has grown on me lately, and it's got a bad *** look with those tires sticking out slightly in the rear, just love it! Glad to see it getting some love and look forward to seeing it come along. Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 288611

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!

Back