fan shroud

1966newport

Reaction score
i got a reproduction fan shroud in 2013, yesterday heard noise under the hood. it was melted in the top center enough to drop almost 1/2 inch. any idea what shroud to use on a 22 champion radiator?

Last edited:
If you were satisfied with that shroud for 9 years, maybe you can repair it. First, why did it "melt"? Is this the result of another problem? Is it actally melted or warped?
Regardless, could you straighten it ,perhaps while still attached to the rad (for support and shape reference), using a heat gun. Once it is back in shape, you might add a strenghtening rib on the inside. This could be fastened with large head 3/16 pop rivets and proper washers on the opposite end of the rivets. A bit of lo gloss/flat paint could disguise the whole repair.
Just a thought, hope it might help! Lindsay

i got a reproduction fan shroud in 2013, yesterday heard noise under the hood. it was melted in the top center enough to frop almost 1/2 each. any idea what shroud to use on a 22 champion radiator?
I used the 2-part metal 1967 OEM shroud with a 22" Champion radiator on my 1972 Fury, but I had to cut and drill to make it work. With metal you would not have melt down issues. These 2 part shrouds are expensive. I paid around $175 on ebay.

As to heat, the top of the radiator may have fatigued the shroud over time, until it finally melted/warped

Some pics of 1967 2 part metal shroud on 22" Champion radiator
PXL_20220617_201712207.jpg

PXL_20220617_201811174.jpg

PXL_20220618_180102020.jpg

PXL_20220618_180238905.jpg

If you were satisfied with that shroud for 9 years, maybe you can repair it. First, why did it "melt"? Is this the result of another problem? Is it actally melted or warped?
Regardless, could you straighten it ,perhaps while still attached to the rad (for support and shape reference), using a heat gun. Once it is back in shape, you might add a strenghtening rib on the inside. This could be fastened with large head 3/16 pop rivets and proper washers on the opposite end of the rivets. A bit of lo gloss/flat paint could disguise the whole repair.
Just a thought, hope it might help! Lindsay
i am considering that

Back