FANTOM WORKS 71 SPORT FURY 383 6BBL

polarus

Reaction score
Anybody catch the episode with this car? I don't believe the "factory" 6 BBl part, (still had heat stove on left manifold) but an interesting car. Citron Yella, A/C, console automatic, tach., rimblow wheel. Big Sport Fury emblems on the C pillars. Does anybody know more about this car?

Google and you find a lot...............

1971 Plymouth Fury
A_R-F-2.jpg

You could buy a "B" Six-Pac intake from Direct Connection, along with a complete induction system...so technically you could get a "factory" set up for a 383 (or 361 or 400), it just wasn't installed on the assembly line! His story about getting a "Plymouth prototype" is complete BS, obviously.

Anybody catch the episode with this car? I don't believe the "factory" 6 BBl part, (still had heat stove on left manifold) but an interesting car. Citron Yella, A/C, console automatic, tach., rimblow wheel. Big Sport Fury emblems on the C pillars. Does anybody know more about this car?

A Big red flag is the "SPORT FURY EMBLEMS" mounted on the on the C pillars were a 1969 year only Sport Fury front fender insert !!!

upload_2017-8-16_17-1-37.jpeg

This car used to show up at Carlisle every few years. To say the owner was boisterous is an understatement. He usually had a friend with them and the crap they spewed out over and over was ridiculous. The last time that I saw this car it had a 4-bbl carb so the 6-bbl set up wasn't factory. I'm sure someone has a photo of this car without a six pack set up. This car had an engine compartment fire at one time and has had a lot of gremlins, especially electrical gremlins. It is a shame that such a nice car has been bastardized.

The speedometer instead of having "Certified" on it says "Police Special" or something similar. This guy would swear that the '69 Sport Fury emblems on the C Pillar were factory and would say something about left over parts. Sure thing. Yup, Chrysler held onto '69 parts to use in '71. While I generally never say never with the way our cars were built, in this case I will say NEVER in regards to all the wrong things done to this otherwise very nice car in a rare color.

He threw a fit at the Hurst show this year because they wouldn't let him have his car in the indoor arena. He thought his was more deserving than the original promo car they had inside. He got mad and left the show.

But, again our favorite cars are getting TV face time and attention. Good things for manufacturers of replacement parts

This car used to show up at Carlisle every few years. To say the owner was boisterous is an understatement. He usually had a friend with them and the crap they spewed out over and over was ridiculous. The last time that I saw this car it had a 4-bbl carb so the 6-bbl set up wasn't factory. I'm sure someone has a photo of this car without a six pack set up. This car had an engine compartment fire at one time and has had a lot of gremlins, especially electrical gremlins. It is a shame that such a nice car has been bastardized.

The speedometer instead of having "Certified" on it says "Police Special" or something similar. This guy would swear that the '69 Sport Fury emblems on the C Pillar were factory and would say something about left over parts. Sure thing. Yup, Chrysler held onto '69 parts to use in '71. While I generally never say never with the way our cars were built, in this case I will say NEVER in regards to all the wrong things done to this otherwise very nice car in a rare color.

I remember the car at Carlisle Bill, last I recall it was probably 10 years ago. I never spoke to the owner but yeah, too bad it is in the wrong hands

They didn't show much of the engine bay but I did see an aluminum radiator and didn't see a fender tag on the core support.

Thanks everybody, I was hoping to hear from someone that had personally looked the car over. I wish the owner realized what a special car he has.

This is the type of person that ruins our hobby and he needs to have everything he says refuted as much as possible on the world wide web so that no one believes his bold face lies.

Back