FCBO at Volo Museum

sixpkrt

Reaction score
Let me start off stating this is not and organized event, but a meet & greet with other FCBO members.
I made the suggestion in another post to get together with some local FCBO members in the Chicago area this year before our cars go into hibernation. So here we are.
The date will be 10/21/17 at Volo Auto Museum in Volo, IL. The museum hours are 10 to 5pm. I'll be there by 9:30.
https://www.volocars.com/
We have been given permission by the museum to park together in the grass at the over flow parking lot, away from the general parking, but close to the museum.
Below is the cost of entry to the museum:
Adults $15.00
Children 5 -12 $9.00
Seniors (65 and over) $13.00 (old man with a hat)
Veterans and Military with ID card $12.00
Military in Uniform and Children Under 5 FREE
I look forward to meeting you guys there. Hope its a good turn out.

I must say, I am a bit jealous. But then again, being in Sacramento I don’t have to put my car away for the winter so I guess that is an ok trade off. Please post some pics when the meet and great is over.

I work in entertainment as a theatrical electrician on touring Broadway musicals. I am under contract, to set up, maintain, and tear down the show in each city. Google this to watch a 4 min time lapse of my normal 16 hour day using the's key words for a YouTube video: book of mormon load in time lapse. This is saterical humor and humor, not a church related thing

Let me start off stating this is not and organized event, but a meet & greet with other FCBO members.
I made the suggestion in another post to get together with some local FCBO members in the Chicago area this year before our cars go into hibernation. So here we are.
The date will be 10/21/17 at Volo Auto Museum in Volo, IL. The museum hours are 10 to 5pm. I'll be there by 9:30.
https://www.volocars.com/
We have been given permission by the museum to park together in the grass at the over flow parking lot, away from the general parking, but close to the museum.
Below is the cost of entry to the museum:
Adults $15.00
Children 5 -12 $9.00
Seniors (65 and over) $13.00 (old man with a hat)
Veterans and Military with ID card $12.00
Military in Uniform and Children Under 5 FREE
I look forward to meeting you guys there. Hope its a good turn out.
I will make the trip up unless inclement weather is forecast. A great idea as the distance is about a full tank of gas away. Will be great to meet fellow c body owners.

Ill be there with or without the Newport. It's touch and go with her at the moment.

I work in entertainment as a theatrical electrician on touring Broadway musicals. I am under contract, to set up, maintain, and tear down the show in each city. Google this to watch a 4 min time lapse of my normal 16 hour day using the's key words for a YouTube video: book of mormon load in time lapse. This is saterical humor and humor, not a church related thing
Video

That's not easy work. A lot of planning to make it all work correctly when needed.
30 years ago I was a weekend warrior working trade shows at McCormick Place, setting up booth displays, hanging banners etc, but nothing quite as involved as what you got going on.

I will make the trip up unless inclement weather is forecast. A great idea as the distance is about a full tank of gas away. Will be great to meet fellow c body owners.

How to see you there. Have a safe drive.
I think we're up to 6 now....

yup, couldn't figure out how to do the link, thanks
Go to the toolbar above when you make a new post. Next to the "+" sign is a icon that looks like film. Click on that and that copy and paste in the link to your YouTube video.

MarPar,, if da ole Newport ain't up to da challenge then drive
that ole GTX...
:steering:

So which one is you?

So...I screwed the pooch. I told the g-friend about the meet and she said she vaguely remembered something for that day...turns out we have a wedding to go to at 1pm on the 21st. She forgot to write it on the calendar!:mad:

Any chance of moving it to the 28th? I confirmed we do not have anything going on that weekend. If not, I understand. 100% my {her} fault. Sorry gents.:(

Damn women and their weddings, show off time to the max. I am cool with the change if everyone else is. Or you could bring the family dressed up and go to the wedding afterwards.

Back