Feel like a damned criminal!!!???

that was an interesting article, much was based on reports from the WHO, but i don't have much faith in them. politics, money grubbing and health generally don't mix well.
there is possible political bias in the article too.

Policy makers must be vigilant of the possible impact of vaccine hesitancy.
In the COVID-19 response, the activities of some politicians have been incompatible with science and risk further eroding vaccine confidence among the general public. The potential disruption of a proportion of people declining vaccine uptake could be substantial. The likely heterogeneity of such abreactions to vaccination roll-outs between countries and across partisan divides within nations should not be underestimated

on the plus side they will be lib golabalist eating their own lets hope it shows the truth.

Yeah, maybe I jumped the gun with red Xs.
I should go back and delete them all.

I'm not telling you to do anything of the sort! Should I also bring up the fact that I've have flown with American H.R's that have died for you to be here and feel this way? OH, Shut Up, I've seen more dead of people that I don't even know for you to say this crap! Get a clue PAL, it's not all about your feelings, there's other's too! Good Night!
H.R.'s= Human Remains!

first-generation vaccines are only one tool in the overall public health response to COVID-19 and unlikely to be the ultimate solution that many expect.
that's the line that concerns me. no doubt that vaccines will help. just not as much as most people expect. what i've been trying to find out is what the metrics will have to be for mask mandates and other restrictions to be lifted. so far i haven't been able to find any answers.

that was an interesting article.
there are many, but i think that was the latest i could find. it's not difficult to find articles about different levels of immunity provided by vaccines. there's just not much published yet about those for covid-19 as research and tests are still being conducted.

Methinks it's time for me to hit the IGGY button.
The rest of you, please enjoy raising your B.P.

I’ve been close a couple times in this thread.
It would only be my second iggy on this site to date.
My most common thought reading some of this is “God, they’re allowed to vote?”

I’ve been close a couple times in this thread.
It would only be my second iggy on this site to date.
My most common thought reading some of this is “God, they’re allowed to vote?”

Iggy? You mean ignore? Just don't open it...

Words go here...

FB_IMG_1603891779777.jpg

that's the line that concerns me. no doubt that vaccines will help. just not as much as most people expect. what i've been trying to find out is what the metrics will have to be for mask mandates and other restrictions to be lifted. so far i haven't been able to find any answers.
The line that gives hope is that it will not have the weakness, "However, the so-called original antigenic sin in influenza vaccines that arises from sequential infections by or vaccinations with antigenically closely related strains is not relevant to coronaviruses." For instance the failed LymeRX vaccine actually gave people Lyme disease. The seems to be much less of a worry with Covid19, which is it's own strain. By contrast, there are more than 30 strains of Lyme disease. It seems there will be a lot less risk of people being hurt by the vaccine.

i agree with that line. sars-cov2 will not mutate away from the vaccines being developed. when they get some things that work, they'll continue to work. i remember now how i came up with the 20-25% number. vaccine efficacy. vaccines aren't 100% effective. i went with an optimistic 75 to 80% efficacy rate for the numerous vaccines being developed. while these will be extremely beneficial in preventing disease and death for many people, a great many people may remain vulnerable even if 100% of the population were to be inoculated. will health authorities recommend lifting restrictions if 1 in 5 people remain at risk? i just don't see this ending anytime soon. your thoughts on this are welcome.

Last edited:
there aren't any answers. the president left it up to the discretion of your governor , who dumped it on your local authorities to enforce. no one wants to be responsible for outbreaks and no one wants to be responsible for economic devastation. i heard somewhere the other day that at the proposed rate of vaccine creation and distribution, it could be 2023 before things are "normal" again.

Maybe....

PLUS, I wear a mask only to make people STFU. I don't wanna hear it.
LoL!!! I’ve been out on the front lines since day one. Prison rules and every man for himself. I’ve been at the power jobs, landfills, water treatment plants etc etc. I only wear a mask to buy food and not get fired. I DO NOT wear a mask alone in my work truck LOL!!!

I guess it does depend on who wins...

Hurry up Nov 4th !!!

there aren't any answers. the president left it up to the discretion of your governor , who dumped it on your local authorities to enforce. no one wants to be responsible for outbreaks and no one wants to be responsible for economic devastation. i heard somewhere the other day that at the proposed rate of vaccine creation and distribution, it could be 2023 before things are "normal" again.
I hope not. The government has spent $2.59 trillion on covid19 programs in less than a year. https://datalab.usaspending.gov/federal-covid-funding/ If we multiply that over 3 more years, that's over $10 trillion added to the national debt.

Add on $700 billion in other projected deficit, for a total of $3.3 trillion deficit spending for 2020. An Update to the Budget Outlook: 2020 to 2030 If we add $13.2 trillion to the national debt over 4 years, we will be lucky if our deficit spending doesn't bankrupt the US government. Since we shut down part of the economy, small business closures and reduced long term revenue may make the situation even worse.

I believe they are already “maxing out” production of possible vaccines simultaneously as they are developed and go through trials. As soon as a vaccine is proven it will be available.

That's like going to bed alone wearing a condom! Who would do that???
Hundreds of thousands are wearing masks in cars alone. :realcrazy:
All are Democrats.

Yep, I see it all of the time, almost exclusively in our bigger cities here. The sheep do as they are told. The dumb MF's even wear them while riding bikes down the road alone. They were doing that in July-August in 90 degree heat with 90% humidity. But I've always known the spandex-bikers were some dumb MF's.

Back