Feeling a bit sick... I wasn't even drinking, but I'm gonna start...

has2bmopar

Reaction score
Good night Loretta; What have I done?

Any of you here that thought I may not be an idiot, may well change their minds now...
s-l1600 (10).jpg
s-l1600 (18).jpg
s-l1600 (20).jpg

View attachment 170912

Attachment can't be found. She looks worse than she probably is. Once stripped to bare metal she may not be that bad.

Anyway, we all wish you well with this project. Please ask for help and advice whenever you need to and don't forget the pix, we love pix.

Congrats on your find and best of luck on the project. Not a car you see a lot of anymore. That makes it even more special. Keep us posted on your progress with pics. Glad you decided to save her.

It's not my first, I have a Fireflite with some rust issues.
I've had this one since the late 80s... but I paid $175 for it.

57 Desoto (2).jpg

They claim it's very solid and better than the pictures portray, but...?

I wasn't planning on buying this. I really thought someone would out bid me in the end. looks let I'm letting go of $3,550.00 and a road trip of around a 1000 miles.

They claim it's very solid and better than the pictures portray, but...?

I wasn't planning on buying this. I really thought someone would out bid me in the end. looks let I'm letting go of $3,550.00 and a road trip of around a 1000 miles.

There are far worse cars that folks out here are restoring.

Dave

nice find. get the brakes working the engine running like a switch watch and have fun just the way it looks. well almost.. nice wide white tires that hold air would be a bonus. i love it.

Yep, getting some good tires would be a really good start! It'll be DeLovely!

CBODY67

It is a pretty complete car, and to also have a pretty nice trunk floor and rear quarters says a lot about the integrity of the car. John Fowlie at Big M Automotive should be able to help you with some of the pieces you need:

www.bigmauto.com

I was watching the auction myself, though more as an interested party. I think you did well. :thumbsup:

1957 DeSoto | eBay

I once had "buyers remorse" too, but you just learn to overcome it. Onward!!!

300C #2 (1) (2).jpg

Last edited:
I wish I had the space to undertake and job like this.
Good luck brother
She is a beauty

Back