Fender Skirt Rubber trim

stubs300

Reaction score
I seem to remember a long *** time ago, that the rubber trim on my 66-300 skirt was trashed beyond recognition and what little that was left, was removed by me.
Is anybody re-popping this stuff or did you use and fab something aftermarket?

What'd you put this on? I know there's tons of 66-300's here, what's their take on this? It's been so long since I've seen this, I forgot what it looked like?

They’re for the Monaco’s skirts. I wanted something with a bead on the outside. I just used some black mastic to trial fit them. The black 3M trim adhesive should work after I get them painted.

I seem to remember a long *** time ago, that the rubber trim on my 66-300 skirt was trashed beyond recognition and what little that was left, was removed by me.
Have you tried Google?

13226884_1201753099837705_8000965357365451449_n.jpg

Nice try on the meme, but I've searched for over 8 years for something compatible before giving up and forgetting all about it. This was over 15 years ago. The car has been decommissioned for the last 6 years due to financial and other hardships!
Well, you just posted it a few months ago, so it seemed relevant to offer some input.

I never saw any resemblance of a rubber trim on my 66 300. The 2nd owner for 40 years, did virtually nothing to the car and it sat for the last 32.

I think you are looking for something that wasn't actually factory installed.

I never saw any resemblance of a rubber trim on my 66 300. The 2nd owner for 40 years, did virtually nothing to the car and it sat for the last 32.

Yes there is supposed to be rubber trim on the back edge of the skirt where it rubs against the lip on the fender. Originally attached with some super heavy duty staples which punched right through the sheetmetal of the skirt.

I never found exact replacements, but had a spare set of skirts with good rubber still on them which I used. I second @rapidtrans suggestion if you need replacements.

Well, you just posted it a few months ago, so it seemed relevant to offer some input.

You sir, may go to the head of the class! Thanks

Really? I'm the 2nd owner of a unmolested car and Mike 66 nails it. Maybe you have aftermarket skirts, OR, someone ripped yours off before you got it?

Yes there is supposed to be rubber trim on the back edge of the skirt where it rubs against the lip on the fender. Originally attached with some super heavy duty staples which punched right through the sheetmetal of the skirt.

I never found exact replacements, but had a spare set of skirts with good rubber still on them which I used. I second @rapidtrans suggestion if you need replacements.
At least you know exactly what I'm talkin about! When life starts treating me more like a human then a piece of crap, that's likely the way I'll go.

Well look at that I learn something new about my car. I got home and looked and sure enough there they are stapled into place. The bigger area is the leading edge and the 2 small areas are the rear.

20190726_150407.jpg
20190726_150239.jpg

Well look at that I learn something new about my car. I got home and looked and sure enough there they are stapled into place. The bigger area is the leading edge and the 2 small areas are the rear.

View attachment 304722 View attachment 304723

I'm glad to see your day wasn't a total waste, funny how that works out sometimes. Thanks for the pic's zy, as mine were so trashed I removed them and forgot how they went. I thought they went all the way around they've been off for so long. I'm guessin maybe 3 feet should do it? I just need to figure out how to do the staple gig???
You would like how I came about getting a dog house seal for my A-100 which was also trashed.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see your day wasn't a total waste, funny how that works out sometimes. Thanks for the pic's zy, as mine were so trashed I removed them and forgot how they went. I thought they went all the way around they've been off for so long. I'm guessin maybe 3 feet should do it? I just need to figure out how to do the staple gig???
You would like how I came about getting a dog house seal for my A-100 which was also trashed.

Something I thought might work for your staple. Since you will already have the holes, I was thinking a finish nail from a nail gun. They are flat sided so you might be able to make them work. I will measure the gap for you, there might be an actual staple available at the same width.

I thinkin the same like idea too. It's been so long since I've had the skirts off to look, I may have just ripped off the material and left the staples behind? It'd be sweet if I could use them again! I do know one of the lower studs wiggles on one but still holds, how tight are yours?

I thinkin the same like idea too. It's been so long since I've had the skirts off to look, I may have just ripped off the material and left the staples behind? It'd be sweet if I could use them again! I do know one of the lower studs wiggles on one but still holds, how tight are yours?

All my studs are solid. Once I pull the leaver down they are pretty tight, but I have the rubber trim installed. :poke:

Even without the gasket, mine are tight and clamped. I was talkin about the stud. I'd have to look at mine closer, I think someone might have done a hack job with a nail or something? NOT ME!
Can't you just hand-form some thin wire in the same holes?

I've thought about it, I have a couple ideas if mine are missing/gone.

I dig your profile pic, General LeMay.

Back