Fender skirts

66MonacoWagon

Reaction score
I've never seen a 66 Monaco or Polara wagon with fender skirts like the 66 Chryslers. Was it an option? Can you use ones from a sedan? Does it just look silly?

I like the look on the Chryslers, but don't know if it would work...

Thanks!
Joe

I believe that on my 66 Town and Country wagon, the actual rear wheel openings are not the same length as 66 Chrysler sedans and two doors, so the fender skirts are wagon only.

This may be the case on Monaco/Polara wagons too.

Checking the 66 parts book confirms the Chrysler wagons had a different part number for skirts than the Chrysler non-wagons.

Dodges and Plymouths don't show a part number the wagon... try and see but I don't think they'll fit. If it was able to fit, the part number from the Dodge and Plymouth non-wagons skirts would show in the wagon column in the parts book.

I've got another fender skirt question, has anyone ever used a 72 T&C skirt on a 72 Dodge?

I have a set for 65/66 Polara/Monaco, don't have any idea if they're good for wagons though........ I imagine a look through the parts catalog should give a good idea.

I believe that on my 66 Town and Country wagon, the actual rear wheel openings are not the same length as 66 Chrysler sedans and two doors, so the fender skirts are wagon only.

This may be the case on Monaco/Polara wagons too.

Checking the 66 parts book confirms the Chrysler wagons had a different part number for skirts than the Chrysler non-wagons.

Dodges and Plymouths don't show a part number the wagon... try and see but I don't think they'll fit. If it was able to fit, the part number from the Dodge and Plymouth non-wagons skirts would show in the wagon column in the parts book.

True Ross. The wagon skirts are noticeably narrower in the dog leg area. This is due to the wheelbase actually being about an inch or so shorter on wagons.

Just dug out the parts manual and there is indeed a different part number for wagons. Interestingly enough, the same p/n applies to all 65 full size wagons, Chrysler,xxxxxx (see below) if I remember correctly - although it's been 20 minutes since I checked and that wasn't the intent of the search so I won't swear to it. (Senility is over-rated)

EDIT: Had to re-check, and while there is only one p/n for all 65 full size wagons, the only listing is for a Chrysler. So if you're looking for Dodge or Plymouth you're out of luck on OEM.

Last edited:
Check google photos
There are a number of Polara n Monaco’s of the era depicted

But wagons with skirts? Perhaps FoxCraft made skirts to fit the wagons, but the factory certainly didn't for Dodge or Plymouth that year.

Back