Fiberglass hoods

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
Is there any companies out there making fiberglass hoods for C bodies? I realize there probably isn't much demand, but that would be sweet if someone did. Anyone know any good books that show how to make a mold for fiberglass? That's my only other option. Any help would be great.

I need one for my 66 Polara, don't think the Hurst is gonna work.

Anyone know where I can find info on how to make a fiberglass mold? That's probably the only way I'll ever get one.

Maybe Red can help you out....

images

one of the car shows did a 64 comet fiber hood mold and produced it in house, didn't look that hard but some time consumed.
try "crites" fiber hoods

Commando1: it is the only option right now. I'd like to have a lighter hood though. I've taken mine off a lot going through different engines. All my help has disappeared and it would be nice to have the hood off the next time I swap engines. Won't be for a while, but it'll happen.

I've thought about making a fiberglass hood for my car, mainly just to shave off some weight. I also have an idea for an inverted hood scoop, for lack of a better term, which I would incorporate into the fiberglass hood. If I make the fiberglass hood I could try something like that and not ruin my OEM hood. I haven't made up my mind if I want to be bothered with it or not. It would be very time consuming and I have more important things to do.

There are quite a few videos on Youtube showing people making fiberglass and carbon fiber hoods and making the molds for them. :)

Not a race car, she's a daily driver once the salt is gone. Just think it would be nice to have a hood I can take on/off by myself, and it would be cool. A and B bodies have lift off/bolt on fiberglass hoods, why can't I. Youtube here I come.

You know, if you put on a DIY hood from a youtube video, that when you put it up for sale down the road, you know it's going to get posted in a WIW section on some car forum. Just warning ya. Pray it's not WTF.com

Back