Fifty Shades of Full Frontal (Gorgeousness)

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys...this thread isn't what you probably thought.:lol: And not fifty (yet) in one post...But...I find the front end of 72-73 Imperials the most attractive, unique, beautiful, yet sinister looking pieces of automotive art around.
brownimp1.jpg
face.jpg
FEF.jpg
forum46black73.jpg
frontz.jpg
impwh73333.jpg
redcb6.jpg
72dusty.jpg
72frontendd.jpg
73impmn.jpg

Thanks Bob .....

Vanilla and Chocolate I guess Doc . While nice they don't make my top 20

Doc, you ever notice how the hood on the '72-'73's, looks just like the deck lid on the '67-'68?
My wife Sammie spotted it. At first I told her she must have bumped her head, lol...but she is dead on with that design pickup.

Doc - I have been loving my 72 Imperial every bit as much as you ever since I bought it in 1991. With regard to the front end, I completely agree with you; right up to the point that I don't. Mother Mopar gave us a whole bunch of bad azz front ends!!! Here are my favorite nine. (notice which one i started with though!)

38498758591_3e16a816e9_b.jpg

Doc, you ever notice how the hood on the '72-'73's, looks just like the deck lid on the '67-'68?
My wife Sammie spotted it. At first I told her she must have bumped her head, lol...but she is dead on with that design pickup.
I will have to check that out...

I think she has something there.
542E96AD-09C0-4BF6-9DBA-3DB8CABF854F.jpeg

Both those hoods and that decklid were the largest in the industry. Lot of flat sheet metal. Those faint wind splits down the center weren’t just for looks. The only hood dad had more trouble with than those big flat hoods was the 70 Coronet Hood. And that Coronet’s one piece bumper yet make it appear a two piece.

And yeah, i love that 68 Coronet rear end!

There was an aftermarket, I suspect, chrome center piece for the '70 Coronet front bumper. "tied everything together" rather than "as it came from the factory". Probably from the same place that did the chrome front caps for the '69 Polaras?

There were some neat styling cues on the '70 Coronets, just they didn't all work well together on one car, it seems. I liked the '65-'69s much better, fwiw.

GREAT Imperial pictures and the other grille pictures! In many cases, there were some colors that made them more dynamic than others, it seemed.

CBODY67

I don't recall ever seeing a Fusie Imp or a Chrysler painted in Y9 Tawny Gold Metallic and later Y9 Tahitian Gold Metallic. My favorite color is the 1975-1978 Y9 Spanish Gold. I don't know if the Fusie Y9's had green metallic in it but the one and only 1978 Chrysler Newport in Y9 Spanish Gold that my friend Mike (Newp) in Indiana car is my favorite paint color. It looks so rich and brilliant in the bright sun with the Gold paint and I couldn't believe how much green mettalic is in that paint color. If anyone has a 1975-1978 paint and trim book can see the brilliance that I'm talking about in the Y9 Spanish Gold Metallic sample.

Back