Finally! A sunny day for getting the cars out.

sixpkrt

Reaction score
My daily driver was due for an oil change, and it got knocked out pretty quickly.
With 2 cars already sitting outside the shop from their winter storage and the garage door still up, I had time to do one more, so the triple pickle was drained and refilled with some Brad Penn.
The sun was still out after finishing up on the 69 300. I thought about doing an oil change on the Imperial too, but without thinking twice about it, I closed the door and took the 300 for a spin. She ran like a champ. Had my short lived thrill for the day. Can't wait for better weather.
3_16_19 300C oil change.jpg
3_16_19 Imperial.jpg
3_16_19 300 driver side.jpg
3_16_19 300 pass side.jpg
3_16_19 300 rear.jpg
3_16_19 300 cruisin 1.jpg
3_16_19 300 cruisin 2.jpg
3_16_19 300 crusin 3.jpg
3-16-19 Imperial front in shop.jpg

Sweet stable you have there, thanks for sharing!

Question.....are the legs of your 4 post hoists not bolted to the floor? How do the legs stay in place and not skip outwards when a vehicle is up and on it? Personally I would be freaked out doing that!

I was too initially, but it's the weight and gravity that holds everything in place. With the lift all the way up, I tried to shake the post to check it's sturdiness, and it won't move, with or without a car on it. It's pretty solid, and I'm sure it's been thoroughly tested before making available to the public.
If you notice at the bottom of the lift, there's a cylinder that a pin slides through for the dolly (1 for ea. post) The hoist is lowered onto the dolly's and it raises the entire lift off the floor. This allows you to move the hoist around when needed.
I never tried to move the lift with a car on it though, and never would.

As well, in some municipalities (like mine), if a hoist is fixed to the floor, it's deemed you're running a business, and your taxes go up, or you're fined or both. If it's movable, then you're a hobbyist. Go figure...

As well, in some municipalities (like mine), if a hoist is fixed to the floor, it's deemed you're running a business, and your taxes go up, or you're fined or both. If it's movable, then you're a hobbyist. Go figure...

I'm building a shop right now and am planning on a 10K lbs 2 post hoist....never heard of a rule like that, but I'm going to go ask now before I install it. Thanks for the info!!:thumbsup:

I was too initially, but it's the weight and gravity that holds everything in place. With the lift all the way up, I tried to shake the post to check it's sturdiness, and it won't move, with or without a car on it. It's pretty solid, and I'm sure it's been thoroughly tested before making available to the public.
If you notice at the bottom of the lift, there's a cylinder that a pin slides through for the dolly (1 for ea. post) The hoist is lowered onto the dolly's and it raises the entire lift off the floor. This allows you to move the hoist around when needed.
I never tried to move the lift with a car on it though, and never would.

Thanks for the info. I think if it were me I'd want to have at least some 1.5" flat bar mounted on the underside of the legs linking them together, just for my own peace of mind. ;)

Similarly, in the municipality where my "shadetree shop" is, which I used to use more frequently than in the more recent past to work on my own cars (oil changes, maintenance, and such, plus parts storage), it's on the books as "Private Storage", which has some different orientations than if I was "in business". Especially as to the space needed around the vehicles. It's a 20x40, which accommodates two cars pretty comfortably, with stuff along the sides. Has "facilities" in one corner, too!

One year, one of the older fire department inspectors was critical of the "old cardboard" in there (which I advised contained parts, not empty) on the shelves. He claimed that terrorists used old dried cardboard to better start fires. When I told him that those boxes had NOS parts in them, he didn't seem too happy, but that was the last time I saw him or heard that mentioned.

The younger guys usually saw the Miss Direct Connection poster pinned to the wall, though. Plus some of the other car posters on the wall, too. Most thought it was a pretty neat place, but always asked about me running a business in there. Now that I've not been in there for a while, the cobwebs tend to indicate that better.

Neat pictures! Always liked the way the "way forward" looked out over those LONG Chrysler hoods!

CBODY67

There is a reason to move. I'm sure there are others with rules like that.
I'll take the rodents, pest, ticks, bears, racoons, too many damn rabbits etc. over the PITA neighbors.
The world would really be a great place with less people, alot less.

There is a reason to move. I'm sure there are others with rules like that.
I'll take the rodents, pest, ticks, bears, racoons, too many damn rabbits etc. over the PITA neighbors.
The world would really be a great place with less people, alot less.

That world is about 5000 years behind us now

The best I could do this weekend was to put my top down, while working in my heated garage. In central Ohio we got enough snow to cover the grass.

That's alright for me, I have 4 projects to complete before the driving season and only one complete so far. Nice weather would just loose my focus. :)

The best I could do this weekend was to put my top down, while working in my heated garage. In central Ohio we got enough snow to cover the grass.

That's alright for me, I have 4 projects to complete before the driving season and only one complete so far. Nice weather would just loose my focus. :)
That’s funny. Out here in SoCal it’s rained so long and so much that nobody knew how to act. Everybody was out in the 80 degree weather blinking at the sun like a newly released inmate.

Back