finally got my new exhaust installed

jct

Reaction score
nice and rumbly on the outside and whisper quiet in the cabin
went with Walker 17827 SoundFX
P1000996.JPG
P1000997.JPG
P1000998.JPG

idk why it took my 3 years to get a new exhaust put in huge improvement from the failing glasspacks

if i remember to get one tomorrow i take a couple, attending a shindig tomorrow

LOVE those OEM contours at the end of the pipes!! Plus the H-pipe, too. Thanks for the pictures! Might want to get a small drill and put a drain hole near the end of the pipes, prior to the OEM kick-up. Same near the rear of the muffler body. OEMs had them for condensate drains. About the size of a ballpoint pen tip, or a bit smaller.

CBODY67

Nice! I went with a new 2.5 inch tti system last spring and I think it sounds great, but it is not whisper quiet inside the car until I am at speed. When I am accelerating, even lightly, it thrums with authority until I get up to about 40. I like it and have no complaints, but I got a very different result. My car has the stock 727 and 2.73s out back, so not a drag racer by any stretch, just a nice cruiser.

LOVE those OEM contours at the end of the pipes!! Plus the H-pipe, too. Thanks for the pictures! Might want to get a small drill and put a drain hole near the end of the pipes, prior to the OEM kick-up. Same near the rear of the muffler body. OEMs had them for condensate drains. About the size of a ballpoint pen tip, or a bit smaller.

CBODY67

that thought has grazed my mind, for a few seconds and i forget about it >_<

what do you mean by OEM kick-up?

The “kick-up” then down with the baloney-sliced exit. Exactly replicates original tips. Few exhaust installers get it right.
System is exactly what I want on my Monaco.
Is that a custom install?

Good information.
I have a set of horrible glasspacks on my 75 police Gran Fury. They need to go next week and it's nice to pick up ideas here.

Was recommended to go with 2 1/4" pipe on this site

Oddly enough the speed shop specialized in mustangs. This was also in the shop
20180720_153300.jpg
20180720_153310.jpg

That looks like the same exhaust that i put on my convertible I love my exhaust, i'm sure that you will love yours.

Back