FINALLY.... Got my seats back for my '67 LeBaron

78Brougham

"Chump"
Reaction score
Sammie just picked up the front seats for our '67 LeBaron. I took them to the shop, back on January 23rd. He replaced all the cushions and recovered them.

I think they turned out awesome. Now to get them back in. 6-way power on both sides, recline on the passenger side, money well spent I think.
After this, over to the paint shop to get it put back to the original, FF1 "Haze Green Metallic" with black pinstripes.
Before pics...
imag0699-jpg.jpg

imag0698-jpg.jpg

And after...
IMAG0749-20180410-185415444.jpg

IMAG0750-20180410-185416561 (1).jpg

IMAG0752-20180410-185417672 (1).jpg

Hopefully I'll get them in this weekend if it gets above 60. Lol

So ,,, two questions...
Are they done in leather? ( kinda hard to tell from pics)
And how much for the job..? ( if you don't mind my asking)
Looks very nice..... Very nice....
:thumbsup:

So ,,, two questions...
Are they done in leather? ( kinda hard to tell from pics)
And how much for the job..? ( if you don't mind my asking)
Looks very nice..... Very nice....
:thumbsup:
Well... if you can't tell, I won't tell. Lol, they are vinyl. He assured me that you'd never tell the difference and he's right, it is very hard to tell. They look great and that's all that matters to me.
As John said, they're calling for 70's here over the weekend so I'll get them mounted and maybe even take her out for a spin!
It cost me a little more than the estimate but they did have to replace all the original padding on the backs as well as the seat cushions which basically turned to powder after all these years. $2k... But, they supplied ALL the materials. I just took them in and said get it done.
The way I see it, they know their job and how much material they need, how it stretches, etc. They replicated the diamond shapes perfectly. I'm sure it was a pain in their butts to do. Not to mention the arm rests with the pulls.
Glad you guys like them and thanks for the feedback!

Ohhh, here's the car in case someone has never seen it...
img_3093-jpg-37098-jpg.jpg

Soon to be returned to Haze Green Metallic, with black pinstripes.

Wow Kenny.. spectacular work my friend.. can’t wait to see it in person someday. I know you Brought her to Carlisle last year and I remember the seats and the paint.. she’s a luck car..

Very nice workmanship! About vinyl: I've had couple cars done over the years and with these new materials, you'd think the material was leather plus good quality vinyl doesn't wear/show wear like leather, cheaper, easier to repair and you can't tell the diff unless your an expert! And so many different companies produce diff grain types and colors! My '77 NYB coupe (blue) is going to be done in vinyl when I get around to it.

WoW! That Looks awsome! Great job:).
And the haze green metallic is the colour to spay that big imp;-)

Awesome!

Had my seats redone this last year. Took my guy 4 months to get to them but it was well worth the wait and money spent

Well... if you can't tell, I won't tell. Lol, they are vinyl. He assured me that you'd never tell the difference and he's right, it is very hard to tell. They look great and that's all that matters to me.
As John said, they're calling for 70's here over the weekend so I'll get them mounted and maybe even take her out for a spin!
It cost me a little more than the estimate but they did have to replace all the original padding on the backs as well as the seat cushions which basically turned to powder after all these years. $2k... But, they supplied ALL the materials. I just took them in and said get it done.
The way I see it, they know their job and how much material they need, how it stretches, etc. They replicated the diamond shapes perfectly. I'm sure it was a pain in their butts to do. Not to mention the arm rests with the pulls.
Glad you guys like them and thanks for the feedback!
Well the vinyl certainly fooled me. I am in the same decision making process. I have the MX3 leather interior in my 300 which I've seen in other hard tops and I believe it is the same leather seat pattern as the '68 New Yorker (with the 8 diamond shaped medallions on the seat backs as opposed to the 4 medallions that are in the center of the vinyl seat backs)but when I see other '68 300 convertibles they usually have the vinyl interior, so I am thinking leather was a rare option for my vert because of concerns of sun damage.. My back seat is in fine condition.The front passenger seat has one split on the bottom.The foam on the 2 front seats are both dust. The driver's seat is split at all 3 seams and the leather on the back is starting to separate.

Well the vinyl certainly fooled me. I am in the same decision making process. I have the MX3 leather interior in my 300 which I've seen in other hard tops and I believe it is the same leather seat pattern as the '68 New Yorker (with the 8 diamond shaped medallions on the seat backs as opposed to the 4 medallions that are in the center of the vinyl seat backs)but when I see other '68 300 convertibles they usually have the vinyl interior, so I am thinking leather was a rare option for my vert because of concerns of sun damage.. My back seat is in fine condition.The front passenger seat has one split on the bottom.The foam on the 2 front seats are both dust. The driver's seat is split at all 3 seams and the leather on the back is starting to separate.

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Back