Finally my own '70 Sport Fury GT

67valiant 100

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
My favorite mopar ever. I used to drool over Dans V-codes (specifically Trevs TX9 car lol) but I was in no position to buy it at the time.

Needs a little bit of love but with the current trend of these cars I figured I better get one now before they become unobtainium.

20210122_162512.jpg

20210110_143703.jpg

20210117_170215.jpg

20210117_181101.jpg

Yes, its the GT from PA last month. I went to see the car about a week after it was listed just as a haha because these cars never come up forsale within reasonable driving distance. After looking over the car in person I made an offer and with a little negotiating agree'd on a price that we were comfortable with. It is a #s matching, genuine one owner car, the original 1970 title was only just signed over to me.

The original owner sat down at his local dealership and ordered this car new in 1970, trading in his '69 Road Runner due to needing a more family friendly car. They drove it up until '88-'89 when it was parked. It sat outside behind the house for the next 10 years then moved into their one bay garage where it sat for the next 20ish years. Unfortunately the original owner passed away last year and the family sold off the house that they've been living in for the last 53+ years to move south. They couldn't take the car with them and have been storing it at their good friend & long time neighbors (since '73!) house so thats why it ended up forsale.

20210122_164319.jpg

20210118_194956.jpg

The 1st picture is from a family trip back in the early '70s to the top of Pikes Peak Colorado. The 2nd I'd imagine was taken in '80s.

20210118_145851.jpg

20210118_145924.jpg

I promised the original owners son I'll keep him up to date as progress is made on the car. Maybe have him meet up at Carlisle if its ready in time.

Last edited:
Frickin sweet!

Congrats on getting that car.

I think you did really well; most importantly you have a GT with known history, good options and good bones!

I think your car left the factory mid February before the SPD on the tag.

Right on!!!

Last edited:
Wow this car got beat up quite hefty in the for sale thread ( I contributed to that as well ).
Another proof that you need to look at a car in person and come up with your own opinion,
pictures don´t tell half the story sometimes.
#matching and 1 owner GT with pictures dating back to the 70s what a score!

Congrats on buying the GT !!! Well done, keep us updated !

Not many saw the car in person! I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one who actually had genuine interest, showed up, looked the car over, and went for a test ride!

The seller was actually the neighbor listing it for the family. Very cool guy that I have ran across before as a vendor at the Allentown Train Show in the past. I met the original owners son the following weekend to sign the title over.

Last edited:
Love the bill of sale.
Wonder why they made A52 an asterisk, instead of GT?
Probably has to do with not duplicating standard features. Seems like the GT was originally intended to be its own separate trim line before last minute change to being a package on the Sport Fury. The PP23 vin wasn't used till '71 GTs. Same thought process applies to the S/23 cars in that their vins were originally supposed to be PS23.

Both the GT & S/23s in 1970 ended up having a PH23 vin with A52 & A51 packages respectively.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/SalesmansPocketGuides/1970/Pg 004.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on getting PP23T0F197549 -- you've been building a very nice collection of rare C-bodies, look forward to their being restored!

I am glad it is saved by a passionate guy who is likely to restore it.
I am really surprised it took so long to sell.

Great score and congrats to you. Nice to know this car is in very good hands!

Thanks! The goal for now is to go through the mechanicals, fix the roof rust & put a new top on, leaving the original paint as is. I have a million other projects to get done so I want it to remain driveable & enjoy it for the time being.

Congrats on getting PP23T0F197549 -- you've been building a very nice collection of rare C-bodies, look forward to their being restored!

and there is still one more to show up after the snow is gone :D

Great score! Glad to see a car like that going to a good home where it will get the attention it deserves to bring it back to its former glory. What a solid history too. Keep us posted on any & all progress.

Very nice . If your happy with the purchase, that's all that matters, the fact you have a fender tag and window sticker is a nice extra.

Back