Finally my upholstery delivery day has come.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally I get to take my car to the upholstery shop. He just finished two cars and has a few more days work on a fire truck, so then supposedly he will be able to work solely on my 300.

I finished the trim I have last Friday. I am very happy with the polished stainless trim and how it looks on the car. The belt trim has a black accent line. I had a guy make me some vinyl lines matching the width of the painted line. I couldn't be happier with the results.

I still have a few more pieces of the belt trim out being straighten, but should be back before the interior is done. My body guy said my skirts will be done this week. I had some damage on the right side.

I know this is the interior section but here is my mostly completed exterior trim

Ready for upholstrey.sm.jpgMore trim on.s.jpgReady for upholstrey2.sm.jpg

More trim on.s.jpg

Ready for upholstrey.sm.jpg

Ready for upholstrey2.sm.jpg

That car just hit my top five. That is looking awesome!!

Thanks guys. I don't know what I am going to do for the next few weeks with an empty shop. The wait is going to going to kill me. I will go visit her at the upholstery shop to watch the progress and of course take some photos.

I know Stan doesn't care for the word but it's awesome, truly.

I need some collective good mojo sent my way. I sent the 300 to the upholstery shop July 7th and no real work has been preformed since I dropped her off. The guy said there is nothing else in the shop and he will be "going gang busters" on her next week. PLEASE let this be true. I have been so patient, I just want to drive it a couple of times before the roads are covered in salt.

The PO who has terminal cancer, just achieved his second goal of making it to his grandson's wedding yesterday. I really want him to see his old girl complete and give him a ride this fall.

Was it agreed that you'd be last?

I sure hope to see that car this year.

No but he told me he was fitting me in the schedule. My original schedule date was February but I'm glad I didn't take it in until I got it painted. I just wish he would have told me he couldn't get to it until fall. I would have driven it all summer with the interior gutted.

I want you to see it this year too.

wow i will be visiting murray shortly. if it could be arranged i sure would like to see that car up close

Back