First big project is done

66MonacoWagon

Reaction score
Although this car is in great shape, the vinyl panels in the back had curled severely and several were ripped. Although not original, I replaced with a carpet material...I'm very happy!
Monaco Floor Before.jpg
Monaco Floor after.JPG

That looks really good. Honestly if you didn't show the original picture I would of thought it would of been stock.

What type of carpet did you use. looks like maybe a commercial grade or indoor outdoor. I want to replace the vinyl in mine with carpet. I have bought the chrome rub strips from a Chrysler Town and Country wagon to add to protect the carpet. did you do anything with the edges to keep them from fraying.

Last edited:
Indoor/outdoor. Just a basic product from the hardware store. I used contact cement and cut them to the exact size. If I go original one day it should be easy to remove. Makes it quieter, and the dogs like it better!

That looks great. I bet your ride will be a little bit quieter too! A win-win.

What type of carpet did you use. looks like maybe a commercial grade or indoor outdoor. I want to replace the vinyl in mine with carpet. I have bought the chrome rub strips from a Chrysler Town and Country wagon to add to protect the carpet. did you do anything with the edges to keep them from fraying.
The indoor/outdoor carpet doesn't fray like regular carpet, and you can burn the edge with a flame, but I didn't have to do that. I'll have to see what kind of abuse it can take, not that this car will be abused.
Thanks to all for the positive feedback! It's good motivation.

I have a complete set of cargo floor carpet and stainless load strips removed from a Chrysler T&C that was slated to go into the Admiral to replace the tattered vinal floor.
Its original and is a cut pile type of carped with bound edges.
It was not meant to happen I guess.

bluefury361 was the car a 6 or 9 passenger. I might be interested if from a 9 passenger. pm me with the details and a price if your selling.

Funny, that was my first choice, but when I saw how hard it would be to source the carpets and chrome strips, I thought this would be a good substitute.

bluefury361 was the car a 6 or 9 passenger. I might be interested if from a 9 passenger. pm me with the details and a price if your selling.

These were taken from a fuselage wagon, 6 passenger I believe. The carpet is a short loop with vinal binding all around. A couple of the sections are pretty rough but are great patterens. The stainless strips are all there but again some will need work or replacement.
Anyone interested can PM me and we'll talk about it.

DSC04008.JPG
DSC04009.JPG
DSC04010.JPG

I don't expect much from these.

Back