Fitech EFI

Jimmyse23

Reaction score
I bit the bullet today and picked up the Fitech EFI 600 HP kit from Pace Performance. Got the fuel command center to go with it for ease of installation and also a new distributor as I'm going to control timing with it as well. Super excited, followed a huge thread on FABO on them. I'll post up install pics when I get the kit.

I would be very interested in your opinion. Please keep us up to date.

I promise I'll document every step. If you guys want some interesting reading, there is a Fitech thread on FABO as well as a tuning thread. I've been pouring over them daily.

Well guys after reading about 150 plus pages of info between FABO and chevelles.com (just there for fitech info) I pulled my order. I want to drive my car not tune it for hours and constantly dick around with it more than I do now. Carbs work and it's enough for me. Sorry to disappoint, but I feel it's the best move.

Well guys after reading about 150 plus pages of info between FABO and chevelles.com (just there for fitech info) I pulled my order. I want to drive my car not tune it for hours and constantly dick around with it more than I do now. Carbs work and it's enough for me. Sorry to disappoint, but I feel it's the best move.
You are not disappointing us...

Dang. So it's not a plug n' play setup, huh?
I don't know much about the Fi-Tech units, but with Fuel injection, one of the goals should be less dikkin' around and more reliability, right?
From what you've read, what are the biggest drawbacks of this setup?
Carbs do work. It seemed I had to do a weekly dickin' round with mine for the first year, then haven't had to touch it since.

I had to dick around daily with my carb, depending on the weather. Itwas very plug and play, as long as you can push a button and put some numbers into a screen. After the fitech learned, you just adjust some parameters (like you would adjust idle and jets on a carb ) and thats it. It will always self adjust to what you have set it at. I still dick arou d with mine with the cold start and afterstart value because it just got in the 30s here...so the efi needs to learn how to handle the cold.

I had to dick around daily with my carb, depending on the weather. Itwas very plug and play, as long as you can push a button and put some numbers into a screen. After the fitech learned, you just adjust some parameters (like you would adjust idle and jets on a carb ) and thats it. It will always self adjust to what you have set it at. I still dick arou d with mine with the cold start and afterstart value because it just got in the 30s here...so the efi needs to learn how to handle the cold.

Well I was going to hold off until the project was done but after a 20 min phone call with Johnny from Pace, I'm still moving forward with the project. I still have some reservations but hell, stay tuned.

Fitech EFI 440 Mopariin | Overdrive.fi
Here Fin guy installed Fitech into 440cid. Only problems was O2 sensor didnt work or he broke it. Stock distributor with Pertronix modul didnt work, Fitech didnt see signal. Swapped to MSD Pro billet and it worked. Prime Fuel was too much, flooded engine. Changed to almost 0.
Works much better than carburetor. Tho he got only 50km of driving yet.

The way you described it, not really
Carbs can never ever beat EFI in drivebialibity (dunno if that is even eng word). But anyway EFI will lose only in WOT things and who uses EFI at drag stip cars? And must remember TBI vs MPI.

Carbs can never ever beat EFI in drivebialibity (dunno if that is even eng word). But anyway EFI will lose only in WOT things and who uses EFI at drag stip cars? And must remember TBI vs MPI.
I like this one... but you wont find it in your Funk & Wagnalls
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/drivability#English
drivability - Wiktionary

drivability

English
Alternative forms
Etymology
c. 1870 drivable +‎ -ity

Noun
drivability ‎(uncountable)

1. The quality of being drivable, of being easy or pleasant to drive

I like this one... but you wont find it in your Funk & Wagnalls