Fitment & performance Trial on MOP753A Radiator on 1966 Chrysler Newport

I just checked ebay for any 22" radiators and/or fan shrouds for C-body. Only found one radiator and no shrouds.

Canada? What part? We're coming out to Iola Wisconsin in about a month and we'll be in Syracuse NY in the Summer.
Not quite that far north - Northern Minnesota, about 90 miles south of the border. Not going to Mopars in the Park in Farmington, MN are you?

See above post.
So what is the year range on this C-body 22" shroud?

Is there a later version of the 22" shroud that was made between 66 and 70? Remember, we're not trying to make our radiator fit the exact way the original did. We just need an OEM looking 22" shroud. We can make the radiator fit the shroud.

I'm not sure on the year range, I know it was for 65, 66 and beyond is not my forte so I don't know how far down the line it went. It's a hard to find two piece unit.

1965 and 1966 is a start. For the 26" version, it turned out to be 1966-1970. So hopefully other members will be able to contribute and fill in some of the blanks. :)

Sometimes I crack myself up...... :lol: So he says it's a hard to find 2 piece unit, then goes out to put hands on the spare one and it's gone... don't know where, yet, apparently harder to find than I knew!!! :drama: I knew exactly where it was all last summer, either hanging off the snow plow or lying on the car trailer in front of the shop, put it away before snowfall last year and now I can't seem to find it. Just wonder how much I'll have to clean up to locate it.. :wtf:

Sometimes I crack myself up...... :lol: So he says it's a hard to find 2 piece unit, then goes out to put hands on the spare one and it's gone... don't know where, yet, apparently harder to find than I knew!!! :drama: I knew exactly where it was all last summer, either hanging off the snow plow or lying on the car trailer in front of the shop, put it away before snowfall last year and now I can't seem to find it. Just wonder how much I'll have to clean up to locate it.. :wtf:
You'll find when the snow melts in July... :poke:

Unfortunately, this would be outside of our comfort zone. Adding stamped slotted side caps would be cost prohibitive for us and then for you as the consumer. We are primarily a performance radiator company. Although we like to make our radiators have that original look and we want owners to be able to re-use their original shrouds when possible, our feeling is that if most owners want to keep that level of originality, they will also want to keep the correct stamped tanks, the correct stamped part numbers and probably the correct copper/brass tanks.

Our solution is to provide a great resto-mod solution. High performance, OEM looks at first glance and an easy way to re-use the OEM shroud. To accomplish that with this 22" unit, we'll have to put small brackets on the shroud side of the radiator so the shroud can be mounted in an alternative method.
Personally, I would buy the radiator that fit my car and cooled it well.
I don't care about numbers matching at all.
The deal breaker though, is, it would need to use the original shroud.
Putting some threaded nuts in the right spot would do it, whether done with caged nuts or whatever. An alternative method would be fine.
I wish I had a spare to send your way.
The fact that you are here talking with us about it means a great deal in my mind, to your company's favor. Thank you.

FYI, the petcock isn't draining at all. I'll replace it, and hope this was a rare statistical fluke with the brand(s) you use. I see its a 1/4" NPT sort, which makes it easy to replace anyway.... The Almanac warns of a cooler than normal winter down here, so I might want a bit more antifreeze in my coolant mix soon.....

I'd say in the last year we've had 2 that this happened with? Very sorry. It is probably the Teflon tape that got loose in there. Again I'm very sorry. That valve is a nice brass 1/4" NPT oem replacement.

I'd say in the last year we've had 2 that this happened with? Very sorry. It is probably the Teflon tape that got loose in there. Again I'm very sorry. That valve is a nice brass 1/4" NPT oem replacement.

Noooo, it was NOT the teflon tape, it was the RUBBER O-RING that slid forward, blocking the 2 little drain holes on the cock. I replaced it w a SOLID BRASS VALVE with NO O-ring at all. $4.99 fr Ace hardware. Implement this change for future customers please.

ah! That was another problem we did have. Our new units are suppose to be coming with the better valve without the o-ring. I guess a few old ones have slipped passed QA. Very sorry.

Back