Floor jack recommendations

Newport 66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So my old and I mean ooolllddd...floorjack finally gave up. I need to buy a new one and not going to Harbor Freight. I was a firm believer in Walker equipment. Any recommendations? Everything made in China?

Believe Hein-Warner is the only remaining US mfg. Check local CL etc for old jacks, some of them are virtually indestructible. If yours is some old name brand you might look into a seal kit. I scored 2 of these from a garage going-out-of-business sale for $25 each, they would last 2 lifetimes-
Hein-Werner HW93652 3 Ton Service Floor Jack

You might consider calling a hydraulic repair shop for a repair estimate if it needs seals or something along those lines.

Believe Hein-Warner is the only remaining US mfg. Check local CL etc for old jacks, some of them are virtually indestructible. If yours is some old name brand you might look into a seal kit. I scored 2 of these from a garage going-out-of-business sale for $25 each, they would last 2 lifetimes-
Hein-Werner HW93652 3 Ton Service Floor Jack
We have 2 of these at work, I like them. We also have a MAC one, it's ok (survived the shop fire from 6 years ago), Snap On one that I like, a couple of Napa brand that are ok. The MAC and Snap On jacks are low profile.

The Napa jack looks like this one
40030.jpg

The Snap On is like this one and I believe it's a 2 ton
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJFD_pAtfAmBSRvGPpZaT8YUUxJpcCflG-qw&usqp=CAU.jpg

What ever jack you choose remember it's just a tool to lift the car/truck. The jack stands you use to hold it up are really what matters.

Unless you just want something new, then seeking out a rebuild kit or somebody that can rebuild/reseal yours might be the best option. Provided the pricing works out.

CBODY67

You might consider calling a hydraulic repair shop for a repair estimate if it needs seals or something along those lines.
I would have gone that route, but the gears stripped off and yes the seals are shot, so are the wheels for the most part. I've milked it for all it's worth I'm afraid.

I would have gone that route, but the gears stripped off and yes the seals are shot, so are the wheels for the most part. I've milked it for all it's worth I'm afraid.
Jeez Terry, take it easy on the equipment. :poke:

If your tired of floor jacks and stands, I cannot say enough good things about these 5000lb "Quick Jacks" I recently purchased!! I did a swap of new Espos leaf springs and new gas shocks yesterday. The car was incredibly stable and I can roll on the creeper from the front bumper all the way to the exhaust tips ! I'm very pleased with them !!
131353305_10218122472032694_3471569012442707236_n.jpg
130775228_10218122471232674_8088401903774561964_n.jpg
130481859_10218122471112671_881305465994949076_n.jpg

If your tired of floor jacks and stands, I cannot say enough good things about these 5000lb "Quick Jacks" I recently purchased!! I did a swap of new Espos leaf springs and new gas shocks yesterday. The car was incredibly stable and I can roll on the creeper from the front bumper all the way to the exhaust tips ! I'm very pleased with them !!
View attachment 429613 View attachment 429614 View attachment 429615
Been thinking about a lift. That's inspiration!! Thanks! I'll still need a floor jack for tasks around the shop.

I was really curious who sold an American built jack for the smaller pro shop/serious home shop and the name Hein Werner kept coming up. I thought first, that was interesting that it had German names, especially the Werner name as that is a name that's part of my German ancestry, but I digress. So, the usual stuff came up about USA assembled with offshore sourced parts, but it still sounded interesting enough to dig a little deeper.

Found a decent looking 2 ton on Amazon for $422 shipped to my door. A little pricey compared to the others, but OK, not that crazy. Still makes me wonder about what percentage of parts are actually USA made... So I dug a little deeper.... and Hein Werner is owned by Shinn Fu of America. Yea... A Chinese company. They also offer a Shin Fu jack in other parts of the world, but I didn't go down that rabbit hole. It answered my question... A US assembled jack, probably with a lot of parts from various Shin Fu plants in China (if not all of the parts).

So.... Probably the best solution to get a USA jack is find an older model and have it rebuilt.

I'm hanging on to the one I bought at Sears in 1980. It seems to be doing OK.

yes x2 on the shinn fu deal...its the original blue and yellow walker that was bought out and became the blue and yellow lincoln floor jacks....i think they kept getting confused with lincoln welders so they bought the long defunct hein warner name (those were the orange jacks with the knob on the top of the handle to lower them...they usually had a T handle)....so they're basically still making the lincoln clone here in the US...under the hein warner name....supposedly in the original lincoln facility... but you can bet where the parts are sourced from...mines less than 5 yrs old and leaks fluid if you leave a car on it...none of my real lincolns did that even when they were over 20 years old and being used everyday to make a living...i'm retired and this sees "hobby" usage...shinn fu also bought blackhawk and porto-power...

Last edited:
Looks like my info on Hein Werner was badly out of date. Fortunately for me the ones I have are fairly ancient & still don't leak a drop. I also have a a Milwaukee Hydraulics jack but looks like they went out of business. Based on this info i found it appears the only USA made brand left is US Jack.
HYJACKS.COM/FLOOR JACKS BACKGROUND PAGE/H2.HTM

Looks like my info on Hein Werner was badly out of date. Fortunately for me the ones I have are fairly ancient & still don't leak a drop. I also have a a Milwaukee Hydraulics jack but looks like they went out of business. Based on this info i found it appears the only USA made brand left is US Jack.
HYJACKS.COM/FLOOR JACKS BACKGROUND PAGE/H2.HTM

The Hein Werner is assembled here at least. But who knows what that assembly amounts to. I've watched videos of power tool companies that are placing "Assembled in USA" stickers on the boxes of tools that they just did very minimal assembly here in the US. For all we know, they could just be putting the wheels on.

Looks like the only small jack US Jack makes is Taiwan built too.

Go to your local tire store and see what they use ..... Then ask 'um how long they work with them before they replace 'um .... Then ask them what happens to the onez they're replacing .... See where I'm going here? The one I have is AFF(AMERICAN FORGED FOUNDRY) Low profile 2 ton and Costed me $100. Pull that jack up on your 'Puter and see what they cost new. I've had it 10 years and my son-in-law will get it when I croak and he'll never ware it out in his life time. An no I will not identify the nation wide company I bought it from but I suspect what I did could be duplicated many times over with the right tact with many companys. Jer .. OH YEAH, comes with a full length cushioned jack handle too!

Last edited:
Back