Floor pans

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_7595.JPG
The floor pans I ordered from Year One came in today. They are for the 72 Dodge Coronet wagon I bought a year & a half ago. Been slowly collecting parts. Plan to remove the seats for a better inspection of the rest of the floor. Then take it down to Woffen's shop & he is going to install the pans, clean & treat the frame sections under the floor, and install weld in sub frame connectors. I've been down to Wollfen's shop twice & seen his work & was impressed. The car is for sale also.

Last edited:
IMG_8481.JPG
IMG_8432.JPG
What's your overall plan for the Grocery Getter?
440/727 mild build. May try the new Toth heads or the E-Street heads. Or Stealth. 480/230 cam, gear drive, 8.75 or 9 inch. Buckets, ratchet shifter, manual/auto valve body. 3.55 sure grip. I've already got a lot of these parts. Also I think it's the perfect canvas for some paint tricks I want to try. I'll play with it untill someone comes along with a pocket full of Benjamin's. It will be great for the Nostalgia shows & races

I saw the Rod Shop car a couple years ago.... On the street in Delaware.

still needs some hotrod to pull a vintage racer , there is a class for pullers at some meets as well . just don't get wild on the cam . that wagon would be a cool modrod , new f/i od trans , ect.... the options are as funded , right . even just rims n tires , old school intake carb n headers or just duel exhaust . that a bbb quest .

"L" Stock Automatic. Lol. What is it. A /6?

img_8481-jpg.121422
Back then, a 69 383 Road Runner with an auto trans would have run H/SA. A 440 4BBL GTX would be E/SA. 440-6BBL Road Runner ran C/SA. Hemi cars ran B/SA.

Chances are, with the weight up and the horsepower down in 1972, this car had the 400-4BBL engine and fit nicely in L/SA.

To give you an idea of the other end of the scale, I had a friend that ran V/SA with a 67 273 powered Belvedere wagon. He was a real pain in the *** to run against... I had a C/SA Road Runner. The tree would come down and he'd leave.... I'd eat a sandwich and then the tree on my side would come down and I'd try to catch him.

Back then, a 69 383 Road Runner with an auto trans would have run H/SA. A 440 4BBL GTX would be E/SA. 440-6BBL Road Runner ran C/SA. Hemi cars ran B/SA.

Chances are, with the weight up and the horsepower down in 1972, this car had the 400-4BBL engine and fit nicely in L/SA.

To give you an idea of the other end of the scale, I had a friend that ran V/SA with a 67 273 powered Belvedere wagon. He was a real pain in the *** to run against... I had a C/SA Road Runner. The tree would come down and he'd leave.... I'd eat a sandwich and then the tree on my side would come down and I'd try to catch him.
It takes disapline to run a Footbrake car. Any darn thing can pair up against you

still needs some hotrod to pull a vintage racer , there is a class for pullers at some meets as well . just don't get wild on the cam . that wagon would be a cool modrod , new f/i od trans , ect.... the options are as funded , right . even just rims n tires , old school intake carb n headers or just duel exhaust . that a bbb quest .
I've always been a fan of the tried & true MOPAR Purple Shaft Cams. I'm thinking the .474 lift would work well. 3.55 sure grip & a 2500 street stall converter

I put a purple shaft in the batwagon and loved it. I'm thinkin' that one waz 294/496/294 tho' but man it sounded Bad A$$ pushin' 214/188 valvesz in those 906's and reverse flows like the AARs 'n TAs had only bigger. The discs on the front would work like ah launchin' brake 'til I got up to 'bout 3800 and the shoes on the back would break loose an the 323 would hide the Beast in ah whitish-gray cloud seemed like for ever and it would stink up the whole neighborhood fer ah while, lol

IMG_8516.JPG
IMG_8517.JPG
Got the front bench seat out & the floor under the seat looks good. Next I need to pull the back seat out & see how she looks under there. Also wanted to pull the gas tank. Anyone pulled a tank out of a 72 ish Wagon. How hard is it

View attachment 121533 View attachment 121534 Got the front bench seat out & the floor under the seat looks good. Next I need to pull the back seat out & see how she looks under there. Also wanted to pull the gas tank. Anyone pulled a tank out of a 72 ish Wagon. How hard is it
Pulling a tank out of a 70's wagon is not easy.
Basically you have to drop the left rear leaf spring,shock,and hang the axle out of the way.
Front pans will fit,but anything further back will have to be fab to fit. Wagons have a different wheelbase compared to sedans and 2 doors.IIRC.
Hope this helps

DSC01903.JPG

Pulling a tank out of a 70's wagon is not easy.
Basically you have to drop the left rear leaf spring,shock,and hang the axle out of the way.
Front pans will fit,but anything further back will have to be fab to fit. Wagons have a different wheelbase compared to sedans and 2 doors.IIRC.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the info. Cool wagon there

In late 67 to early 69, my 273/275 in a '67 Dart GT ran in D/SA.

Back